San Francisco Hotel - advice wanted

Deciding between suites at either the Ritz Carlton or Hotel Monaco. Will have baby with us (hence wanting 2-room suite).

Ritz Carlton suite is definitey bigger, hotel I’d imagine a bit nicer (though I’ve heard this one is getting a bit tired).
Monaco suite is smaller, silghtly cheaper.

I wonder if the RC is a horrible choice though because of shlepping a stroller up and down the hill.

The other hotels with suites in the same price range are the Taj (but the suite is tiny), the Hilton, and the other Kimpton hotels.

Which should I choose?

I was at the Ritz in December and agree that is getting a bit tired especially compared to others. I think it would be a price choice (or points) if you are a Marriott guy. What is cost differential? Club level is nice with kids

George

$50 difference. Club level at RC would be substantially more, I would be booking a non-club suite. As far as I can tell it is impossible to get a gold status or amex plat upgrade (both of which I am using) from non-club to club.

I only have gotten an upgrade to club once with Amex Platinum and it might have involved a little cash on the side… :slight_smile: Did you did see that the Ritz has a fourth night free through fine hotels and resorts?

George

Yeah, that’s what I would be using. The room rate does seem very attractive (ends up about 400/night +taxes) for a suite at the RC.

That’s a great rate for a suite. I would run with that.

George

Metropolitan suite at the St Regis.