Beaune Lodging: Jardins De Lois or Belle Époque or Le Cep???

I’ve been scouring the burgundy trip threads for the past few days. These are the three hotel names that seemed to pop out the most. From what I can gather, most people recommend to stay right in town, walk to dining and such. Makes sense, avoid driving when you can.

Prices for Jardins De Lois and Belle Époque seem to be pretty close. Price for Le Cep start at a bit more and go up pretty quick from there. From what I can gather, Le Cep seems pretty fantastic, having a tough time deciding if it’s worth the extra coin.

My wife and I will be in beaune for three nights next May during our 2 week France trip. Any additional thoughts on these three properties or others I may have missed would be much appreciated!

[cheers.gif]

L’Hotel.

Stayed at Jardins de Lois three years ago and loved it. Get the rooom in the seperate building if you can; Renardes, I believe.

JD

I’ve stayed at all 3 and can honestly say I wouldn’t be able to decide, they’re all really nice. The rooms at Le Cep are a little smaller than the other 2, and my good friend did have about 1,300 euros stolen from his bag while he was staying at Le Cep. Le Cep is right there in town, but the other 2 are literally across the “Peripherique de Beaune” (a term I love to use) from the center of town. My favorite is La Belle Epoque, just because of the incredible value for the cleanliness, the size of the room, and the awesome showers. Jardin does have the best breakfast and is the most unique. La Belle’s breakfast is pretty good too though. Le Cep is a classic, somewhat fancy hotel. Have a great time in Beaune!

Consider staying at the Ibis Centre–nicely priced, well-located, clean and quiet.

Yes and yes.

Thank you all for the thoughts!

I will have to give L’Hotel an in depth look, on the surface it looks great, prices seem to be inline with Le Cep.

If price isn’t an impediment, L’Hotel is by far the nicest of all. Great wine list too next door at the Bistro, which you can order from and have in your room or in the hotel lobby area. There are just a few rooms there, so book as far in advance as possible.

Jardin de Lois. The Dufouleur’s are incredible hosts. Lots of room.
Great location on the ring. About 1 block from Le Cep.
My personal choice here.

I love Le Cep. People are awesome. Great location. Expensive.
L’Hotel. Ditto. VERY difficult parking situation for a car. That is a problem. More modern and up to date rooms than Le Cep.

Belle Epoque. I have no experience.

Don,
I’ve either parked in the courtyard driveway at L’Hotel or around the corner in the underground lot without problem. Is this something new?

Thanks Don!

I’m predicting Don might have scraped the side of his car while backing out of L’Hotel’s courtyard. It’s a serious pita, good thing Beaune is a small town without too much traffic leaving the Place Carnot or it could make that courtyard even more of a problem. There’s always street parking around the Place, you’d just have to make sure you pay for the parking at the Payant and observe the posted hours.

That is an “almost happened” kind of event Ed.
That courtyard is tight and when the place is full it is crowded.
i love the hotel plus you have one of the best restaurants in Beaune at your fingertips.

Levernois is always a great choice as well, but is outside of town a few km.

The restaurant at L’Hotel is a great draw. Parking is tight. Easy walk to Ma Cuisine.
Le Cep is sort of a fixture. Their “new” addition in the back has larger and quieter rooms. Staff is great and there is a neat bar. Parking in the back is secure.
Le Belle Epoque has the best deal for a large room I’ve found anywhere around there. It’s their “suite”, not their family room.
Another nice hotel is the Hostellerie Le Cedre just off the circle on Blvd Marechal Foch. Just across the street from the walled old town and an easy walk to everything, as is the Belle Epoque. Le Cedre has enclosed underground parking, a very nice restaurant and a complete breakfast.
If you’re going to stay a few clicks away the Ziltener is wonderful. with huge rooms, good ample parking and great amenities.
Another place in Vougeot is the Chateau de Gilly. Elegant with beautiful grounds and a nice restaurant.
On a recent visit with one of my sons, a winemaker suggested I try the Hotel Losset in Flagey-Echezeaux and got us a reservation at Restaurant Simon right there. It was a great stay and a terrific restaurant. And the stay was quite reasonable though that’s about it in Flagey.
Drouhin-Laroze has a large 4 BR home for rent right on the property adjacent to the winery/office which is very comfortable for 3 couples.

We have happily stayed twice at Hôtel de La Poste immediately outside the walls.

Cheers, [cheers.gif]
Andrew

Thanks for the added input! Right now I’m leaning towards époque or Jardins, something a bit more affordable freeing up some funds for dinners and such.

Well, Tyler…if you’re really serious about “freeing up …funds for dinners and such”…which has always been our goal, I would highly recommend Hotel le Home…on the northern outskirts of Beaune. http://www.lehome.fr/flashsite_uk.html Not luxury…but charming, authentic, reasonable…and well-located. We’ve stayed there many times when we haven’t rented a gite, including on our honeymoon in 1983.

Thanks for this thread - we just booked Belle Epoque for our trip in September and will report back!

Ami, I trust you have our dining notes…

Cheers,
Andrew