Barcelona- looking for hotel and restaurant recommendations

My wife and I will be there in late February 2015 for 4 nights. Want to explore architecture, arts, food, and wine. Thanks.

Barcelona Hotel Recs - Barcelona Hotel Recs - Travel, Wine Tourism, and Restaurants Forum - WineBerserkers

Barcelona wine shops/food - Barcelona Wine shops/food - Travel, Wine Tourism, and Restaurants Forum - WineBerserkers

Visit to Barcelona - Visit to Barcelona - WINE TALK - WineBerserkers

We were there in Oct. 2013. I can’t help you with hotels as we always book apartments rather than hotel rooms.

As for restaurants, best meal was at Restaurant Montiel. Opted for 10 course meal that was 65 euros. Would be 2 to 3 times as much in NYC. Tickets was a lot of fun. Only complaint was pacing was too fast. I would have them slow it down next time. You need to book like 60 days in advance (not sure exactly of the timing so look it up). Try to sit at the counter. Con Gracia was very good! They have two choices…traditional tasting menu or surprise tasting menu. Your party has to have the same one (only annoying thing). We went with the surprise. I still recall the foie gras in miso soup dish. Yum! Saboc was a fairly new place when we went. Tapas menu is divided by temperature and how cooked… raw, low temperature, stove, and griddle. It was good but I preferred the others. Arcano was a fun place to go to. Mixed some Spanish tapas with some good Argentinian beef. Also go to Cal Pep for lunch.

Was there in 2012- we rented an apartment in the Born area- fabulous location and apartment- great terrace overlooking Ciudadela Park. Quick walk to the old section of Barcelona- and the Picasso museum, and Cal Pep(we ate there twice!). Used cabs to get to other sights- the Gaudi places are amazing.

We also ate at Commerc 24 and Passadis del Pep - both are $$$ but really enjoyed them!

http://www.blackandwhitehome.com/apartment.asp?Id0=3&Id1=71#

We were just there Sept 2013 and stayed at Hotel Jazz (http://www.hoteljazz.com/default-en.html), very centrally located. For restaurants our top were Hisop, Sauc and Commerc24

long time ago we were there, but I second Cal Pep! Just let them keep bringing you their choices… delicious.

also, another casual great meal was Pinotxo, a food stand in La Boqueria (the big market off las ramblas)

La Boqueria is the only reason to visit Las Ramblas

We enjoyed a late dinner at the 4 cats (Els Quatre Gats) about 10 years ago. All aspects were outstanding.

champagne.gif Hi all…we will be in Barcelona this Spring and would like to bring this thread back to the forefront. Any more hotel and/or restaurant ideas?

Thanks!

Cheers!
Marshall [cheers.gif]

Hotel Arts

Thanks Peter…my agent recommended that hotel but I was hoping to spend a bit less.

Cheers!
Marshall

We stayed here for a couple of nights. Very modern in style and facilities, nicely-appointed, and in a great location along Passeig de Gracia in Eixample. They even have a wine-tasting hour conducted by local distributors at every 5:30 pm.

On the Passeig de Gracia, I like the Majestic. I’ve stayed there a couple of times as well as the Claris a block away (as has Gelber, as I recall). I prefer the Majestic. Cool rooftop bar and big rooms. I posted my restaurant likes in prior threads.

Thanks Mark; We booked the Claris. It seemed quite nice and fit into our budget.

Cheers!
Marshall [cheers.gif]

I had a very good meal at Tickets…but you need to book 1,2 month ahead…

Tapas 24, Restaurant Moo, quimet quimet for great tapas and awesome beer.

Do not leave without eating at Tickets. You can get last minute seating if there are cancelations. Drop by the restaurant and ask. You might meet Ferran Adria who is a regular. Champagne list is awesome.

I recomend Hotel Paseo de Garcia. Less than 100euro/night. Saved money here and spent it all on food and drink.

Tapas 24. McFoie

When we travel we avoid hotels when we can. Use Airbnb or VRBO to locate apartments. Lucky so far.

We stayed at hotel bagques on La Ramblas. It was a nice central location and very pretty hotel but would likely stay on passeig de gracia if I went back. The restaurant at the hotel was very good as well. Tapas 24 was hands down the best tapas we had. For Michelin star we went to Abac which was amazing. Would definately recommend stopping by Masriera if you like jewelry, the enamal pieces are beautiful and worth experiencing first hand.

IIRC there is a W there. Always a good bet