Seattle????

I’m looking for a vaca., planning it at the 11th hour. Airfare at this juncture is just brutal to a bunch of options so I was think of Seattle.
I’ve only been once, and that was for two nights 20 years ago. That was for a wedding and I didn’t really go anywhere. Any opinions/advice on spending 6 nights in the area? Is that too long? Maybe split the trip and drive to Vancouver? Is that drive a mess with a border crossing? Any suggestions as to what part of each city to stay in? TIA

John, we have some regular customers who just bought a condo up there JUST so they could spend more time eating and drinking there. I don’t have specifics but they can and have been everywhere and fell in love with the food & wine scene there.

If you’re wine focused, you can do a few days in Woodinville (suburb of Seattle), and then go to Walla Walla for a few days?

San Juan Islands, Olympic Peninsula, lots to do and see up here. The border isn’t too bad, depending on when you try to cross, although that is not predictable, but Vancouver is worth it.

I think you should stay in Eric LeVine’s house since they are in Switzerland! Someone has to guard that cellar!!

…or a few days in Oregon…

Besides the food and wine, (did I really say that?), and if you’re a Chihully fan, there are some great walking tours of all of the places in the downtown area with installations of his glass pieces. They are just phenomenal! There’s the Experience Music Project - amazing bldg by frank Gehry plus the new sculpture park by the waterfront.

You could come hang with us for a day/evening. We could have some of the Seattle folks over for some great food and wine! Maybe have a little boat ride if the weather is nice. Steak, lamb, salmon… mmmm…

Thanks all for the replies and advice. A very good fare ended up popping non-stop to Kauai so we are going there.
But Seattle is still on the agenda. Since it’s relatively easy from LA, hopefully we’ll get up there and even meet a couple of the winos soon.