Where to stay in Bordeaux and what to visit

First trip to France and taking the wife and two teenage sons. While we plan to spend most of our time in Paris and Normandy. I am really wanting to go to Bordeaux for maybe a 2 night stay. Saw some posts on Chateau Cordeillan Bages in Pauillac and am close to pulling the trigger but thought id check here with all the travelers on any other recommendations. Its very close to Lynch Bages, Mouton and Pontet Canet, all of which I was able to book a tour at. Next question is where else to visit while in the region for 3 days. We don’t get the train back to Paris until 10pm on the last day. Thx for any suggestions.

Also, is it just me or is finding a room that can accomodate a family of four seem really difficult?

We were there a while ago. We had dinner at Cordeillan Bages and stayed at Relais de Margaux. Either is well situated for visits. I think you may have enough tours and should just drive around and enjoy the area. I can still remember my lunch at an ordinary cafe in Pauillac at the street of stores near the river. An entire sole with slices of foie gras on top made perfect sense once I tasted it

The Cordellion Bages is it. There aren’t many places to say that far up the Medoc so both rooms and choice are not adundant. You’ve got three excellent visits lined up. Enjoy,

Details of the trip are starting to come together without planning too many things (at least in my opinion).

3 nights in Paris to explore city and museums
Train to Bordeaux

2 nights in Bordeaux staying at a b&b (Cordellian bages was not available)in paulliac with visits to pontet canet and leoville Barton on day 1 and lynch bages and mouton Rothschild on day 2.

Renting a car and driving to Bayeux but stopping at Chateau Clinet ( wanted to try at least 1 right bank)

3 nights in Normandy (Omaha beach/Dday, and saint Michel)

Train back to Paris for 3 more nights

Considered taking train to other cities but didn’t want to over plan and be rushing everywhere. Open to any other suggestions or recs since this is our first visit to Europe.

Since your going to clinet in pomerol, stop off in the town of Ste Emilion. It really is beautiful and worth a walk around. Also, if you want to break up the journey to Bayeux, stop in Saintes to see the Roman amphitheatre and Rennes for the cathedral. Otherwise, it’s a pretty boring old 6 hour autoroute haul.