Berserkerfest 7.0 - White Plains June 21. PIZZA INFO. ANYONE WITH FOOD ALLERGIES?

FOOD ALLERGY ALERT: I just finished stage 2 of the Mole Sauce, which includes both peanuts and ground almonds, which can trigger allergic reactions. Since the nuts were the last addition, I left some out with no nuts just in case, but if you have a food allergy, please let me know.

Ok, boys and girls. Backroads Bob, a/k/a Bob Summers, is riding his motorcycle around the perimeter of the United States and will be in the NY Metro area for the weekend of June 21. We will be assembling for a back yard grill fest in our back yard in White Plains on June 21 to welcome Bob. Unfortunately, the pool will be uncovered this time, so if Brad steps into it, the cover will not save him, as it did last time.

Since I am pizza challenged (see post below), I have bought a new pizza stone and in addition to the other food, I will make a bunch of pizza dough in the morning and let the rest of you try your luck with your favorite ingredients. I have a new pizza stone and the hand cut naturally dried Westchester Oak from the hurricane will let me get the BGE up to 550 degrees. So if you dare, bring your favorite pizza fixin’s. The best pizza (judging method TBD) wins a Zachy’s Special pre-poured one glass cabernet anywhere. Second prize is the chardonnay and third prize is the Wine Enthusiast foil cutter. all free give aways at the Westchester food and wine experience.

Attendance list: Event details below list. Attendance list includes assorted non-Berserkers who have been invited to see what all the fuss is about.

Motorcycle Bob
Fu-man-Chuck (maybe)
The Croatian Cuddler + family
Hore-Hay + kids
Dan Hammer
Gary Zimfandel
Suzanne Camhi (+1 Kenny?)
Diane Kessler (+1 Joel)
Mike Sopher
Victor Hong
Jay Miller and Arnold
Erez L.
Mike Reff
Ken V. + 1
Brad Kane (+ camera)
Veronica Castro (maybe)
Adam Wargo
Pomegranate Smoothie Golodetz
Michel Abooooood + 1
Margie Russell
Jan Katz (my sister - she actually knows John Z. and may have brought the Blueberry Bliss last time)
Robin Silverberg
Josh (I can get a whole goat down the block and we can roast it) Katz (my nephew)
Christian Dalbavie (maybe, we strongly urged him today)
Carol Desmond
Jackie Borer
Josh Kurek (and family)
David Rosewater (if in town)
Jeff Ghi (The Port Man of the East Coast) and family
Wesley Chen (+1 and maybe 2 more grown ups)

We will be preparing smoked brisket with caramelized onions and mole sauce and oxymoron sandwiches - smoked pulled pork on a challah roll - with vinegar cole slaw. We are asking people to bring the best thing they know how to cook, or in lieu of that, some good grillable items in the beef, pork, chicken, lamb or other department. We will be running the BGE and at least one Weber kettle (two if I can find something to replace the legs on the other one that were run over in the garage). Here are the details and rules (Rules? In a knife fight?)

1. Attendees should bring good wine. You are required to offer a small pour of each item you bring to the host, since last time there was a whole lot of really good stuff that I didn’t even see until I collected the empties for recycling.

2. Food. Bring some food if you can, but it is not a requirement. Last time I cooked five straight full dinners for everyone over 10 hours, but I’m getting old and cranky, so we would like some help. If you are bringing food, please post what it will be so we can plan things like serving locations and cooking space and having the right plates or bowls, etc.

3. Where: 52 Sammis Lane, White Plains 10605. There are cabs at the White Plains train station or you can drive. Walking from the train station is not recommended. I think it’s 4-5 miles.

4. When: start at 1 pm on Saturday, June 21. End? WTFK.

5. Why 7.0? Because I have no idea what number we are up to and Todd said I could make up my own rules.

6. What about the multiple event rule? See #5 BUT Bob would like to do PDH, so if someone will organize PDH on Friday evening, that would be a big plus.

7. Cost: ZERO. I still have the checks people gave me for the last one and I never deposited them. I will return them to anyone who is wondering why his checkbook still won’t balance.

8. Glasses? If you can, bring a glass or two. We have some, but a Motley Cru and not enough.

POST YOUR ATTENDANCE, YOUR WINE AND YOUR FOOD BELOW AND I WILL KEEP A TALLY ON THIS POST.

for a west coaster: how long does it take from 49th/lexington (area where I am staying) to get to your place by public trans? It seems a bit too far to take a taxi/uber to without spending an arm and a leg O_O. I think I’m free the the 21st.

Charlie,

You’ll want to take Metro-North out of Grand Central. See link below for schedules and fares.

In of course!!!

And in for you Charlie flirtysmile, dinner at my house perhaps?

My office is at 51st and Third, so I do it every day. The train from Grand Central Terminal, which is only 7 blocks from your hotel (the W?), to White Plains is between 31 and 55 minutes, depending upon whether you get an express. There are a lot of trains, even on weekends. You can take the 12:47 and arrive 1:21. Same train every hour; other trains between those are a bit slower.

In +1 dependent on kids’ schedule.

I can pick you (or anyone else) up at the station. I just have to think where I can dump you. flirtysmile

Jay, I’m in. I’ll bring a wine that doesn’t suck. I know that’s the rule of the house. [wink.gif] I’ll post here when I decide. Janice will be packing for our trip; but if I can convince her into joining us, is that ok?

Dan

not quite sure my plans yet, this is all tentative on what days I have free. Planning to get in on the 21st but flights haven’t been booked yet so could even be the 22nd. We shall see.

Jay: Yep at the W.

Put me down as a definite maybe… just kidding. Looking forward to sharing fun with old friends and friends to be. I’ll be bringing 1997 Accordini Amarone. If we do PDH it will be 1999 J Boillot Volnay les Caillerets. Is anyone available to offer advice or hold my hand for a first visit to Difara’s on Thursday?

Looks like it is time for Mike and Dana to make it back out to NY. Will start making plans. [berserker.gif]
Might have to bring a few beers for the beer crowd. [drinks.gif]

Get there early, wish I was in the area! Dom’s pizza’s are the best!

If I make it, I will definitely contribute some killer beers.

My work schedule is tight but if I can swing it, I’ll be there.

champagne.gif

Hey Jay, Now that I am a Westchesterner I’d like to join the festivities!

I am in plus 1

I would like to join, but I would be a late arrival. Saturday is a work day for me, but should be able to make it by 3:30-4 PM. If okay, count me in +1.

Even if you get there by 4 pm there will be many hours left, so, as Bob Barker famously said, Come on Down. Or up, depending upon your view of travel from Long Island to Westchester.

Sounds like fun… maybe I’ll have some potentially good wines with missing labels to share (nah, no way I’m getting anything by then) I do have some wines that don’t suck at home.
Will have to think about what I’d cook…

I will probably drive and could schlep a person or two from Manhattan

Maybe we can subtitle this a “coming out party” and convince the new holder of the wines that this would be a good way to engender goodwill among the wine collecting public.

Put us down as tentative. I’ll know for sure tomorrow.