San Francisco Offline - May 2014 - CANCELLED

Unfortunately this did not pan out as we had hoped, I will be starting a new Thread for June, let’s see if we can make that happen

I have revised the post subject to reflect May as the April OL was a bust [cry.gif]

Please suggest dates and venues. Cindy, that last place we went, The Palace, was great. Do you think we can get a reservation there again?

I am throwing out a couple of dates. How about May 27 or 28?

Theme?

• Blind Pinot
  • Blind Bordeaux Blends
  • Italian
  • Riesling with Thai or Indian Food
  • Loire Chenin Blanc
  • Sicily and Sardinia

\
  • J

Interested so far:
  1. Joel Galang
  2. Cary Wun
  3. Ashish Agrawal
  4. Cindy Wan
  5. RS Beck
  6. Craig Gleason

I’m in Austin April 27-30 on business. The week before would be better for me personally. Either way hope we have something this month even if I’m not there.

How about April 22 or 23? Please feel free to chime in on the theme, venue, etc. Nothing is set in stone except maybe for the fact we want to get together this April.

• Joel

April will be tough for me as I have a trip coming up and after that I am hosting a few friends in town. [bye.gif]

Not a great month for me. I don’t know my days off yet, but statistical probability states that they probably won’t be on whatever day you decide to have the dinner. May works for me after May 21st (though not over memorial day weekend). June is excellent for me as well.

FWIW, I love the idea of doing a riesling dinner. Not something that happens very often, and I would love to taste a broad range of riesling and develop more experience with that. As a bonus, it’s generally very affordable.

Hi Joel. Those are all great ideas. Next week is tough for me too though.

Bump.

I can do Tuesday, May 6 and have started a seperate thread for that.

Quite a bummer that people are quite busy this month, so for now the April offline is still up in the air, anyone else care to suggest a different date in April?

Hi gang!
Sorry, didn’t meant o drop off the end of the earth…we are still in SF, though we moved to a more southerly locale. Obviously, April is mostly out, but if May or June transpires, would love to make an appearance.

DATE HAS BEEN CHANGED TO MAY!!

I should be able to make it if it’s end of may

I’m a maybe depending on date. I’m gone for memorial day weekend, but most of the week after should be fine for me (last week of May).

Let’s try May 27th?

I am good for May 27.

I might be able to do the 27th. Can people do the 28th?

Hi gang! I can do 27th or 28th

Nice… we are picking up steam now !!! I can do 27 or 28 as well.

Any updates on this?

27th works for me. Suggested theme; Loire Chenin Blanc; from sec to sweet. Alternate: wines of Sicily and Sardinia.