May 20: Hamilton's Grill Room, Lambertville, NJ. Piedmont wines, 6:30 p. m.

Hamilton’s Grill Room is a byob at 8 Coryell Street, Lambertville, NJ. The website is www.hamiltonsgrillroom.com . I’ve made a reservation for six people for 6:30 p. m. With six people, there is an opportunity to drink more than a splash of each wine on the table, and everyone at the dinner gets an opportunity to converse with everyone else. The theme is wine from Piedmont that is ready to drink, and I’ll bring a bottle of 1997 Bruno Giacosa Barbaresco Asili. I’m looking forward to meeting some members of the board for a pleasant evening of food and wine.

Hi Dave,

I’m up for it…

How about:
1990 Marchesi di Barolo Barolo Riserva Grande Annata

[BTW everyone, if you don’t know him, DaveK (ex-David K), not to be confused with our mutual friend Dave Kaplan, is one of the coolest wine geeks in the Philly-to-Trenton area to hang out with! So let’s sign up for some of his dinners, or he will disappear off WineBerserkers again!]

Dave, have you been to The Pass in Rosemont near Lambertville yet? Absolutely killer BYOB from the owner of PorcSalt (makes the charcuterie for places like Cafe Boulud). LaBan only gave it 2 bells, but the NY Times loved it:

See my review and photos on Yelp or Facebook.

Dave, would love to join you (I’m in Princeton this time of year) but we are just returning from a trip that day. Have a great time and let us know how it goes! It’s a good resto, been there once or twice.

My schedule has changed and I will have to work this day. Although there is an outside chance I could make it, I can’t commit to it.

This place is still in business? Cool. Orley Ashenfelter gave a seminar at Princeton over 20 years ago. Friends of mine hosted and we went to dinner there. At the time, Orley was a notable person in the wine world. If you scroll to the bottom of this page, there are a couple of photos:

http://www.finewinegeek.com/tn/

I think I am the only man in that first photo who still has hair.