LIQUID FARM: 1st Annual Nationwide FOUR/FOUR Chard Shootout Blind Tasting

ANNOUNCING! … The 1st Annual FOUR/FOUR LF Chard Shootout !

What: A Berserker Fueled Chard Blind Tasting
When: FOUR/FOUR/FOURteen!
Where: Nationwide
Why: 4/4/14 is coming up…too many awesome FOUR’s. We got inspired.
We had to take this rare opportunity by the horns and create something that even our far away LF Fam could get in on.

A Celebration of Chardonnay, New and Old world! Spur up some great conversations, get some new producers in your glass, put those you drink up to the challenge - no contests. Just Wine Nerd enjoyment.

We will be personally hosting (LA/or Bay Area TBD) a Blind Chard Shootout Tasting on Friday (like how that worked out?) FOUR/FOUR,
AND
We want to rally many more fellow WB’s to do the same!

How?
To help get at least FOUR other tastings kicked off nationwide, here’s what we’re doing…
Giving away FOUR Chard packs (FOUR bottles in each of course).
[berserker.gif]

We will send each winner a set of our 2012 Chards (White Hill , Golden Slope and FOUR) + a ringer of our choice (it will be a good one, don’t worry) to add to the mix for an offline/private tasting you host in your hood. We will of course start up a thread (or do it right here?) for pre-game-day banter, for new groups to announce their tastings, open up spaces for WB’s near you to join & for TN’s to be posted post tasting.

You in?! Read some the parameters below. Holler if you have any questions via this thread and we look forward to making it one kick ass Chard-tastic weekend. We may come up with a uniform score card to use for each wine at each tasting to help keep things…well, uniform. More on that and other further details to come.

Tasting Rules & Regs*
1.) Old/New World are both game
2.) Retail Min. $20, Max $150
3.) Vintage Min. 2012 Max 2008
4.) Min. of 6 wines, max of 15 wines
5.) Must be 100% Chardonnay

How to enter to WIN? [winner.gif]
Well, since we just had WB Day drop some serious supporters via the offerings - we thought - MORE LOVE to those who got involved!

----> SO, If you ordered LF on WB Day AND have interest in hosting an offline event in your area *on FOUR/FOUR (or that weekend), please reply to this post and you will be entered in the raffle to win one of the FOUR (4 packs) we are dishing out.
Winners will be announced by the first week of March - please reply HERE with interest NO later than SAT Feb 28th.

Other notes:
**Want to do your own FOUR/FOUR Chard Shootout winner or not? LOVE IT! Please include a min. of ONE bottle of LF Chard somewhere in the
blind, that’s all we ask :slight_smile: more than one or all 3 is even better of course :wink:

**This ideally is to be a true blind tasting where guests/hosts would NOT share/post about the bottles to be blinded ahead of the tastings
Hosts can provide all/most the wines and/or it can be a potluck of sharing - we’d recommend designating someone who doesn’t mind being in the know for the blind aspect to do any opening/mixing up of wines if necessary.

**Shipping to Winners IS on us for most states! No-no states/HI, we love you - sorry - you will have to cover transport.

**if your tasting needs to be Sat/Sun that weekend vs. Friday FOUR/FOUR thats ok!!

champagne.gif With incredible gratitude for the support the board has shown and with thanks for the awesome people we have become friends with in the process of getting to share our wines (and craziness) with you Berserkers - THANK YOU! Hope you will want to be a part of it!

Cheers and all our best!!
Nik & Jeff

Nikki… just fwiw… I had been planning on trying to get something put together here in Ohio on 4/4 after seeing your BerserkerDay post mentioning that day. BUT. It turns out I will be in SF that night! I already know I can’t make the Ceritas release party the next day. But Friday evening is open! So, between the Bay Area and LA, there’s really only one option. Todd, Fu and others can make the trip north… I’ll be there flirtysmile

I’m in please. Woohoo!!

Nik, count DC in. Joe Dabrowski opens up Liquid Farm every weekend and gets choked up talking about it, so how could we not be in?

In up here Nik, either can host or be happy to join in SF. Looking forward to it and see you @ IPOB.

AT

Was about to say I’m in if in Los Angeles… but checked my calendar first and found that I’m entertaining clients that night… ugh

I’ll host a tasting in N. Cal (foothills/Sac), maybe 4/4 depending how early my flt leaves on 4/5.

On 3/3 my Aubert is supposed to come in, on 2/2 I picked some Napa chard @ A-O, Grigich, 1/1 I had a Comtes and Pierre Peters Blanc d Blanc, after 12/12/12 I un-retired to work with a French company and started re-drinking domestic white wines.

I need to double down and get some more LF so I can bring a 4 pack to Paris → Voiron. I plan to drink with my colleagues 4/5 thru 4/9 in France and get them to bring some young burg to our after work dinners. In Paris 4/5 and 4/11 and Vioron/Moirans in between.

If you do something in bay area or LA. regrets and regards, timing is too tight w/ travel.

Gene

I will gladly host one for Boston area berserkers

Nik, as a follow on and given the large number of WBers around here it could well work out that you have one in SF and another one elsewhere. Happy to host in San Carlos which is a good mid-point for both the City and South Bay.

Awesome guys!!! Love it!
champagne.gif

Recap of where we’re at as of now: -
hosts noted will be entered in raffle - deadline to post here to be entered is Thurs 2/27! We will announce winners here on Fri 2/28.

1.) WA: Host (Ed Murray) *woot! love it! thanks Ed!

2.) DC: Hosts (Joe D. and Jeb) *already have appointed the best team captain ever btw

3.) Boston: Host (Bob Poirier) *love you Bob! You have been with us since the very first club release! xo

FOUR.) Sac/Foothills: Host (Gene Matter) *loving all the killer same day #/same month # milestones AND my sis in law who is super fun is in Roseville - I will have to get her invited to your tasting!

5.) San Carlos/Bay Area: Host (Andrew Taylor) *we are still up in the air on if Jeff can come up to the area to meet me if he can then we’re yours! If not, we will host/attend one in LA. hope to know in the next week or so and will keep you posted!

6.) Rumson/NJ: Host (Patrick & Kristy Niro) *they don’t know it yet but I think they will be unable to resist :wink:

David T. - will keep you posted on SF/LA haps’ since you will be in Cali :slight_smile:

Joel…you may need to reschedule those clients OR entertainment by way of including them in a tasting???

If you guys can spread the word to more berserkers so we can rally more tastings in different areas that would be awesome!

Thanks!!
[drinkers.gif]
CIN!
Nik

despite not ordering on WB day, i am going to put something together in chicago.

Yay!! Thanks Matt! That would be great! Hilliard pink is great and all but, we need to get a pink crack avatar going me thinks…2013 is ready to rock here in the next week - tasting amazing! Hope you two are well out there!

I can put something together in the northern Willamette Valley, Forest Grove. Not sure how many people who post here on WB I could get though, but there’d be tweeting, Instagram, and FB galore.

That would be RAD Beau! thank you! champagne.gif

Adding to our running list!:
Northern OR: (Host: Beau C)

Like Matt, also didn’t order, but I have zero problem with hosting a chardonnay shoot out in Los Angeles. My guys and I get together for chard dinners and seafood once or twice a month already! Even blinded one with liquid farm before :wink:

No corkage at Watergrill!!!

I’m interested, though my buys are WHWC not B’day.

Probably can’t swing 4/4 though. That’s Opening Day for the Dodgers. Besides getting people to downtown L.A. on a Fri. eve might be a challenge.

If it ends up a Sat. thing, I’m game. Not to try and horn in, but we’d volunteer our house as an alternative and we’re set up for groups. But Water Grill would be a good spot for a group not very large. Maybe some local that qualifies can throw into the lottery and “co-host”.

doing blind you probably don’t want a large group anyways. Be super difficult to come back to wines. But you’re right, a friday night anywhere is a pretty bad time in LA :smiley:.

Yep. With more than eight people one would have to double up on at least the L.F. bottles, but that’s doable.
I’m sure the topic will get bantered about at Falltacular.

no local WBers but I will rally the local winos and host on Saturday if we can’t make Fri eve work…
If any WBers happen to be passing through (or vacationing here), I will open better stuff neener

and since the shipping window is opening, I will include some “Pobegad” Liquid Farm in the tasting. [cheers.gif]

I just tasted the wines at IPOB in nyc and loved them. Would love to take part in this. I will on the east coast for 4/4 but how do I get a hold of (Patrick & Kristy Niro) ?