SF Bay Area offline - March 3

Hey guys,
Let’s get the next offline on the calendar.
Thinking either March 3 or 10, which are both Mondays.

I spoke with one of the managing partners at Paul Martin’s in San Mateo, and he said he was interested in hosting.

While I said we would like to have corkage waived, he asked whether we needed wine service, and I told him no.
He said he’d work with us.

Anyway, do you guys have any strong feelings for or against this restaurant?
I think it is a great venue.
Don’t let the mall location fool you.
Food is decent.
Facility is really nice.
I really like the outdoor seating - it’s heated and protected when needed.
Quick walk to CalTrain, 1 or 2 blocks.

Anyway, check it out and let me know what y’all think.

Date: March 3 (Monday)
Time: 6:30 pm
Place: Paul Martin’s American Grill, Hillsdale Shopping Mall, San Mateo

Theme: Cab/merlot/Bdx/Cali

List of attendees:

Dan
Richard
Craig
Alan
Ed
Andrew
Cary
Larry
Sandi
Harold

Hi,

I’m new here, and would love to join you guys. I’ve got all this wine (mostly Bordeaux) and like sharing :slight_smile: especially with people who understand and appreciate the good stuff.

Paul Martin is fine – not amazing, but a comfortable place with easy parking, access.

March 3 would work for me.

• Richard

It looks fine to me. I’ll try to make it if I’m in town.

March 3 is the Pursuit of Balance tasting. Not sure I’ll go, just mentioning it (actually for the ticket price I’m sure I won’t buy a ticket, but I might try to get in as “help” for one of the pouring wineries). I’m in on the 10th for sure.

Ok - so let’s try to get a consensus on date so I’ll wait for the rest of the peanut gallery to chime in, and then I’ll correspond with the manager.

Alan, what is Pursuit of Balance?

btw welcome Richard.

Alan, good call, this event looks pretty cool if you want to try a bunch of Cali wines.

http://inpursuitofbalance.com/#/events/san-francisco-2014/

But actually looks like it’s on the 10th, not the 3rd.

I have so much balance I’m actually selling it on CC, so I’m currently okay either way.

As of now either date works for me. Thanks Dan for taking the lead.

Are any of you attending the IPOB? Any feedback you can provide as I was thinking about attending. Carpool?

Oops, correct! On my calendar correctly, just typed the wrong number. So I vote for the 3rd.

Or to throw a curve ball into the mix, I finally got in touch with one of the owners of Martins West in RWC. She conveyed her concerns as they have had some issues with their no corkage Monday night (people come in, camp on seats and order nothing!).

I explained our group to her and she said that they would be more than happy to have us, but on the simple understanding that everyone ordered dinner…which I said would not be an issue.

Could be an alternative or an idea for the next one?

http://www.martinswestgp.com/grub-and-grog/dinner/

Either date or restaurant is fine for me. I’ll probably try to carpool with other south bayers.

Theme or go with the flow? And how about planning on ordering dessert as I have quite a few interesting Swiss stickies in the cellar

Either date works for Sandi and me, but I’d prefer the 3rd.

Maybe for a change of pace, a cab/merlot/bordeaux theme?

If we do that, can we include Cab Franc? I have exactly one bottle of CA Cab (which I’d be willing to bring) and no Bordeaux in my cellar. I do have Loire reds.

All roads lead to…

Uhh…

…go with the flow…

Larry I’ll bring a fat Napa cab that I know you’ll hate. [wink.gif]

I can do Bdx, Loire or CA Cab-somethings.

cab francs are welcome too

Now where did I put that 82 La Conseillante…

(inside joke to Craig)