Berserkers at the Bowl 2014 (Hollywood CA)

The line-up for the Hollywood Bowl Summer Concert Series has been announced and though there are some interesting shows, I am picking the following event for the annual “Berserkers at the Bowl” concert. They did a similar show a few years ago and it was GREAT!!
The show is August 23rd at 8PM. Gate opens at 5:30PM for picnicking. champagne.gif

Ladies and Gentlemen, the Beatles!!

The Beatles’ 50th at the Bowl

It’s been 50 years since The Beatles played their first iconic show at the Hollywood Bowl, and Beatle-Mania is still going strong. Dave Stewart (Eurythmics) will be our ringmaster and musical director, joined by special guests. As well as performing many Beatles classics, we will re-create the historic set, including “Twist and Shout,” “I Want to Hold Your Hand” and “A Hard Day’s Night” plus vintage clips and much more in celebration of the Fab Four’s L.A. Invasion.

Programs, artists, dates, prices and availability subject to change.

Group sales of 10+ tickets go on sale on Feb. 10 and I am going to check on prices and seat availability. Will post back with the info once I get the details. General ticket sales begin May 4th, but this one will sell fast.

Mike, make sure that is a show where you can bring your own wine / beer and not a “leased show” where you have to buy from the Gallo stand. Sounds like it’s a Bowl production so you should be good but it’s always good to check.

Hi Roberto, this is not on the lease event list and is part of the summer series the Bowl does with either the Hollywood Bowl Orchestra or the L.A. Philharmonic. Big difference in the “picnic” experience.

It looked like it but we got hosed once so I always remember to check now. Have fun!

I’m in for the pre-fest picnic- not sure how many in my group.

Holywood Bowl is now run by the Patina Restaurant Group and is supposed to have some good wine now. I’ve not been so I can’t say but I’m going to talk to them about supplying some juice.

I think Gallo has the wine concession.

Got my tickets. There will be 4 of us. My first show is this Sunday-Janelle Monae. YES!!!

Show is coming up on Saturday 8/23. There are 12 in our group and 4 in Gregg G’s group. Dana and I will be getting there early to make sure we have a big table for the group. We will bring the plates, silverware and napkins for the group so everyone does not have to bring those items. If you bring a dish that needs a serving spoon try to bring one. We have a couple of extras that we will bring as well. Going to be a great time. [cheers.gif]

Mike: You scared me [wow.gif] …we still have almost two weeks!

Cheers!
Marshall champagne.gif

This will be most excellent!

Fixed. Can I blame it on the obvious drunken post?? [drinkers.gif]
Now I have an open weekend coming up. [cheers.gif]

What’s the plan? Sounds like picnic beforehand. Are we all going to bring our own food or do some sort of potluck? We’ll obviously imbibe before but we can also bring wine in, no? This is a phil. / non-leased event. Anyone have any of those plastic tumbler stems? I think I gave all mine away.

Parking at Hollywood & Highland complex isn’t bad. They have buses that run up and back, or the walk back is downhill and not bad.

We have done it potluck style the past few times and it works fine. Just bring some picnic type dishes and put them on the table. I can update the original post if folks start adding food/wine commitments so we can have a better idea of what folks are bringing.
We can bring wine/beer in to picnic and to the seats as well. A little champagne toast at intermission is a great thing to do. We freeze some water bottles to help keep things cold and as they warm up you have some needed ice cold water. I have two extra plastic tumblers for you John, but if you find some let me know so I can cover others.

Attendees (16):
Mike & Dana
John & Mary
Marshall & Diana
Lisa Lovullo
Barry Lipton
JB +1 (wine friends of Mike and Barry)
Michael +1 (wine friends of Mike and Barry)
In other seats but joining us is Gregg & Marina +2

Mike; I must be a little lost…Please tell me how we will all meet as I am not a real “Hollywood Bowl” veteran.

Cheers!
Marshall

Marshall - Use this map http://www.hollywoodbowl.com/visit/bowl-area-map we will be at picnic area 7. It’s at the top just before you enter the seating area near Section L or Q. The gates will open at 5:30 so try to get there as close to that as possible.

we’re taking the shuttle bus from Lankersheim - first bus leaves at 5:30.

I assume being at the bus stop at 5PM will get us on the first bus - anyone with experience want to comment?

I figure if we leave at 5:30, it will take us about 20 minutes to get to the bowl. Does that sound right?

Cheers
Barry

PS I’m bringing a Faiveley 2009 Gevrey Chambertin Les Cazetiers and some tri tip. Can also bring a champers if no-one else does.

Ladies, DO NOT wear high heals. A little uphill walking and once inside lots of stairs to navigate.

We are planning to get there with the Gonzales’…first shuttle from Torrance is 5:30 and it takes an hour so we are going to carpool instead.
Thanks Gregg.
Cheers!
Marshall

Is anyone bringing champagne?

I can bring one, but I am not bringing a cooler so I’m concerned it will be warmish by the time I get to the picnic area.