Sonoma (or Napa) March 4th?

Hi All,

Will be out bottling and wondered if anyone wanted to get together for an offline or dinner on March 4th. I know its a Tuesday, but I won’t be out there long. Any interest?

Count me in Loren. I could probably wrangle up a few other guys as well.

I’m interested.

Excellent. Rob and Macario. I think a couple of my friends are interested as well. Any suggestions for a location?

Loren, its been a long time. What theme did you have in mind?

You tell me Nick? What would it take to get you here? [cheers.gif]

Hummmm, how about Girl and the Fig in Sonoma, and we do Syrah? Would be great to try Macario and your current release Syrah! And perhaps we could get Robin of Apsara to join us? Alternatively, Burgundy, Bordeaux or old school California . . . [cheers.gif]

Great. I will make some calls this afternoon. I sent an e-mail to Robin (is he on the Board?) as well.

Robin Akhurst is interested in joining us. We will start at 6:15 if that is ok. Both Robin and I are both bottling the following day, so a late night won’t work. It appears we have:

Loren Sonkin
Macario Montoya (+?)
Rob Beck
Nick Wittman
Robin Akhurst
Tom Futey (+3)

As for theme, Syrahs will work, but we can do some other stuff too.
I will certainly bring our 2011 Persona Syrah (and maybe a 2010). So, we can make that a loose theme. I will bring something else as well. Perhaps a 2008 Rhys Syrah Skyline Vineyard.

I made a reservation for 10 people for 6:15 at the Girl and the Fig. As this is guaranteed with my credit card, please make sure you show up. Corkage is $15.

Sounds great - I’m in.

Sounds great. I have a plus 1 for sure and am waiting to hear back from Kale Anderson. Kale is the winemaker for Pahlmeyer and has a fantastic label called Kale. He has some amazing Syrah’s.
I will plan on bringing a one of my Syrah’s and another to go along with the theme.
Thanks for organizing Loren… It will be great to see everyone and meet some new folks.

It appears we have so far:

Loren Sonkin 2011 SonkinCellars Persona, 2008 Rhys Syrah Skyline Vineyard
Macario Montoya (+1) ??? Campesino Syrah
Rob Beck
Nick Wittman
Robin Akhurst
Tom Futey (+3) 2010 SonkinCellars Persona, TBD

I made a reservation for 10 people for 6:15 at the Girl and the Fig. As this is guaranteed with my credit card, please make sure you show up. Corkage is $15.

Kale Anderson is in. He plans to bring one of his current Syrah releases.

Look forward to it!

Exxcellent. It appears we have so far:

Kale Anderson ??? Kale Syrah
Rob Beck
Nick Wittman
Robin Akhurst
Tom Futey (+3) 2010 SonkinCellars Persona, TBD

I made a reservation for 10 people for 6:15 at the Girl and the Fig. As this is guaranteed with my credit card, please make sure you show up. Corkage is $15. I know we have 11 people, but I will wait to change the reservation. We can always squeeze one more in.

Latest update: It appears we have so far:

Rob Beck
Nick Wittman
Robin Akhurst 2011 Apsara Cellars Las Madres Syrah, 2012 Apsara Cellars Wholecluster Las Madres Syrah
Tom Futey (+3) 2010 SonkinCellars Persona, 2010 Herman Story Nuts & Bolts Syrah, 2007 Peidrasassi Syrah Mr. Smith James Berry Vineyard, ??? Alban Pandora

I made a reservation for 10 people for 6:15 at the Girl and the Fig. As this is guaranteed with my credit card, please make sure you show up. Corkage is $15. I know we have 11 people, but I will wait to change the reservation. We can always squeeze one more in.

I’ve got several different Syrahs I can bring, but with so much Syrah already planned, I’m wondering if I shouldn’t break it up a little by bringing a White Burgundy. Thoughts?

Hi Rob, We could certainly use a white to get things started, but bring whatever you like. We will still let you in. :slight_smile: Looking forward to seeing you again.

A white starter or two would be great!! Stopped by Las Madres Vineyard yesterday and picked up a few bottles. Will bring a 2011 Eric Kent Las Madres Syrah and 2011 Lois Rae Las Madres Syrah.

Look forward to seeing everyone . . .

Latest update: It appears we have so far:

Rob Beck White Starter
Nick Wittman 2011 Eric Kent Las Madres Syrah and 2011 Lois Rae Las Madres Syrah.
Robin Akhurst 2011 Apsara Cellars Las Madres Syrah, 2012 Apsara Cellars Wholecluster Las Madres Syrah
Tom Futey (+3) 2009 and 2010 SonkinCellars Persona, 2010 Herman Story Nuts & Bolts Syrah, 2007 Peidrasassi Syrah Mr. Smith James Berry Vineyard, ??? Alban Pandora