East Bay/Bay Area offline

Hi guys - time for round 2 of our east bay offline!

Date- consensus coming in for Saturday March 22. We will catch those we are missing the next time!

Theme- Italian! Let’s do Rhone at the next offline!

Restaurant- Terria Mia

Looking forward to it!

Happy New Year.
-Ami

Hi Ami,
Thank you for taking the lead! [thankyou.gif]

Yes, we are definitely interested! March sounds do-able and I am happy to help with the restaurant selection! Come on East Bay-ers, especially those of you who got together with us at Hap’s, show some enthusiasm!

Cheers! [cheers.gif]
Andrew

We are of course interested!!!

Italian would be excellent

Tom

Hi, Ami!

March sounds great, except for the 8th, which is reserved for the Sharks/Canadiens hockey game. Glad to see the date moving from the 25th, as the UGC tasting is that afternoon in SF.

Thanks,
Ed

Great! How about March 22nd or 29th? That gives us time to work on the restaurants as well.

Let’s make sure we don’t coincide with the Paso Berserkerfest.

What do people think about Terra Mia?

I’m in +1.

It’s been a long time since I’ve been to an offline. Looking forward to it.

As of now both dates in March work for me.

Also a few dining suggestions:

http://www.oliveto.com/

I have no idea if either place would actually allow an offline, or the cost, but they are both nice Italian places.

Well, if you’re going to have one practically in my backyard, how can I resist? I’m not free much in terms of March Saturdays, so pick a date that works for y’all and I’ll chime in if I can make it. Thanks!

What about March 21st? Terra Mia sounds good to me and I’m sure they’ll work with us on corkage. Keep you all posted. Please let me know if that date works for most!

March 21st does in fact work for me.

Terra Mia has very good Italian food that’s wine friendly. Their corkage policy seems reasonable to me: “per 750 ml bottle (The first 2 bottles $10.0 each) ($20.0 each additional bottle) For every bottle purchased in house one corkage fee will be waived”

I can drop in to Terra Mia and talk to them about hosting and see if they’ll cut us a deal on corkage.

Walter, where are you located?

Hey Walter and John and Larry, welcome back! I am very happy to see all of this local activity! Let me check with Prima about corkage and then let’s compare notes! Another possibilty is the newish Mangia Mi in Pleasanton, where I have enjoyed some very nice meals… Let’s stick with our theme of “share a bottle of Italian wine that has a story for you to share as well.” March 22 or 29 look good to us…

Cheers!
Andrew

Larry, I am in the Springtown area of Livermore. I will also have to scout a bottle, as a quick check of Cellartracker reveals that Italy is represented in its entirety by purchases from Trader Joe’s. Oops. This should be fun, I have always been too ignorant of Italy.

And we’ll try to make the Friday choices – March 21 and 28 – also work!

Andrew

Hey Andrew, thanks! I will add though, I’m personally not a fan of the Italian theme. The story behind my bottle is sure to be that I bought a bottle I know nothing about because I had to bring it to this offline :frowning:

Hey Larry - what do you propose for a theme?

Syrah or GSM. More specific if needed i.e. single vintage, or single appellation, or single vineyard, etc. For example do all Syrah from Alder Springs or something like that.

Either date works for us. Had lunch at Mangia Mi in Pleasanton and it was great. Let’s see who will cut us the best deal on corkage!

Off-topic, but is anyone going to the Alsace Grand Tasting in Boonville on Sat. Feb. 8? I was thinking about driving up for the day but it’s a long drive so if there was someone who would like to carpool, let me know.

http://www.avwines.com/wsdevent/eventview/action/view/frmArticleID/172/

Probably going to the pinot event in May but not going to this one.