La Paulee attendees - PLEASE POST IF YOU ARE GOING

Daniel Johnnes emailed me this morning, and he mentioned that they had an ‘internal discussion’ about whether or not the Berserker attendees would enjoy having some sort of identifying pin or lanyard so they can find each other at the event, as they had read comments on previous threads regarding the event that attendees wished they would have been able to find other Berserkers while there. They asked for my thoughts, but I figured it would be best to ask you all for your thoughts. Of course it sounds like a GREAT idea to me, but let me know what you think.

I think this is a great idea! The worse thing would be walking by someone and not knowing who they are - wanting to get a face to a name :slight_smile:.

I think its a good idea

Absolutely! I was a part of that prior conversation and continue to think it makes sense. I’m not sure what downside there could be for Daniel and the team, and if it helps a few people (or more) get connected, so much the better!

You don’t need a nametag Jon. Just carry that giant bottle of de Vogue Bonnes Mares around with you. Everyone will know who it is!

LOL TW! A couple of years ago after the Gala dinner there in SF - everyone asked me if I met Berry Crawford - I hadn’t yet several others did :frowning:. I probably walked into and around him all night and didn’t put the face with the name! Hope this doesn’t happen this year [cheers.gif]

Hey T.French! Are you going [cheers.gif]?

I am not sure - doubtful I can afford to go to many of the events, but I might be able to attend the Grand Tasting, if I can get permission and kid coverage for the weekend.

I’m at the checkout page for the Grand Tasting, and there is a box for a promo code. I didn’t know they existed. Any clues about where to find one?

Either that or a Mag of Moose in each hand. The other give-away is how closely Doug Ackerman trails behind him!

Jon, Hope you had a great time in the Motherland.

RT

well we have to keep Jon on a short leash; otherwise we’ll find him opening a Methuselah of Montrachet at the airport or a Nebuchadnezzar of La Tache for the hotel staff…

At what hotel are you all staying?

Good point. This guy knows how to party on the tarmac, but I’m not sure he’s in Jon’s league!

RT

Passing this year. Headed to Tucson in February. The life insurance actuaries are still calculating the odds of survival.

RT

You look good in purple T.French neener. I think it will be better to stay up on top of the hill if you’re going - the events are at the Fairmount. The Mark Hopkins is right there also!

Love partying on the tarmac :slight_smile:! Hey RT - you and J will be well kept when you visit- well pickled also [cheers.gif]!

You better be ready for a great weekend! I’ve been practicing up after having a great trip to Burgundy flirtysmile.

What is ‘the top of the hill’?

Nob Hill. Much easier to be up there already if you’re walking to/from any of the events :slight_smile:.

Hey folks - Shelly from La Paulee is wondering what type of indication you’d like, to distinguish as Wine Berserker folk. They are thinking of a pin, a black WB on a white background, or perhaps the wine pouring from the bottle logo. These can be handed out at the Grand Tasting or Gala Dinner at check in, but they’ll want to know who is going so they can have them ready for you.

What are your thoughts? A special, separate pin? Something else? What is the typical form of identification for participants?