Blind Pinot Tasting Thousand Oaks - December 3, 2013

A couple years ago I arranged a blind tasting at Lazy Dog Cafe - free corkage- which while we only had 15, went over quite well. Theme was SRH v. Sonoma. Looking for interested persons. They will accommodate a group up to 24 but only in Tues - Thursday. I’ll do the legwork if people are interested. Menu is comfort food and very well priced. We can pick any particular theme but I was thinking RRV v. SLH.

UPDATED INFORMATION:

Based upon responses so far, I have reserved a table for 24 people on December 3, 2013, at 7:00. Below is the list of attendees so far, and it will be cut off at 24 (so tell me if you are a +1, etc.).

It is at Lazy Dog Cafe in Thousand Oaks (adjacent to the Oaks Mall, 101 to Lynn Road, on the Hillcrest side next to Muvico).

The theme is blind Pinot Tasting - I was thinking Russian River v. EXTENDED Central Coast (so Santa Rita Hills, Santa Lucia Highlands, Santa Cruz, Santa Barbara). If there are other ideas this can be changed

One bottle per attendee - if a couple, bring one bottle from each category, in a plain brown paper bag (I will have extras and scoring sheets). We will taste double blind, score, vote the winner, and then unveil and drink with dinner.

Last time the restaurant let us all have separate checks - which I think was an anomaly. Plan on dinner with gratuity being about $25/pp but it could be less. Dinners range from $12-$20 and they have no corkage fee; we are usually “nice” to the servers for putting up with us. The only drawback is if we have 24, we may have trouble getting multiple stems per person.

Attendees so far:

Bruce and Laurie
Marc and Dominique
Danny Mazza
Scott and Andrea
Vamsi
Mike and Dana
Ken and June
Wendy and Ken
Kathy and Ron
Larry and Laura

Room for about 6 more since Fu won’t drive.

My wife and I would love to join in but man Tues through Thurs will be tough. Thursday is out but Tues/ Wed is very possible.

Having been attendees at the inaugural Lazy Dog offline - we would love to do it again. We can generally do Tues-Thurs in November except Nov 12-14.

Dominique and I are interested depending on when it is… Thursdays are best for her since she doesn’t work on Fridays, but we could possibly do Tuesday or Wednesday… However, the week of Nov 12-14 is also probably not all that good for us…

I’d be interested. Tuesday thru Thrusday actually work best for me. With a preference of Tuesday or Wesenday.

I am also interested. Tuesday-Thursday is fine by me. All dates are good for me but 13, 27, & 28.

Considering that two weeks in November are bad for almost everyone, what do you think about either November 5 or 6, or December 3–5? I was originally thinking November 19 was perfect, but the 20th is a big day for me at work.

Dec 3 - 5 works for us.

As of now the Nov 5-6 and Dec 3-5 work for us.

Decembers good!

working til la until Thanksgiving. I am open to tues to thurs unless work turns into crap.

Just adding my name here in case it lands on a day I can make.

Leslie

Based upon responses so far, I have reserved a table for 24 people on December 3, 2013, at 7:00 pm.
Once people confirm that date works, we will begin a list of attendees, and cut it off at 24 (so tell me if you are a +1, etc.).

It is at Lazy Dog Cafe in Thousand Oaks (adjacent to the Oaks Mall, 101 to Lynn Road, on the Hillcrest side next to Muvico).

The theme is blind Pinot Tasting - I was thinking Russian River v. EXTENDED Central Coast (so Santa Rita Hills, Santa Lucia Highlands, Santa Cruz, Santa Barbara). If there are other ideas this can be changed

One bottle per attendee - if a couple, bring one bottle from each category, in a plain brown paper bag (I will have extras and scoring sheets). We will taste double blind, score, vote the winner, and then unveil and drink with dinner.

Last time the restaurant let us all have separate checks - which I think was an anomaly. Plan on dinner with gratuity being about $25/pp but it could be less. Dinners range from $12-$20 and they have no corkage fee; we are usually “nice” to the servers for putting up with us. The only drawback is if we have 24, we may have trouble getting multiple stems per person.

Please let me know if this date works for you and we’ll start a list.

champagne.gif

I’m in for December 3rd! I also dig the RRV & extended Central Coast theme.

Thanks for planning this dinner, Bruce.

I am in for 2 people (Dominique and I)…

everyone gets two guesses what Aaron will bring ;p

Two guesses? :slight_smile:

So there’s plenty of time for you to order a visa, are you coming? You can be my +1.

Saving space for the following:
Bruce and Laurie
Aaron (+1?) Charlie - take a 50 mile drive. Good for you to see trees and greenery.
Brian and Jennifer
Marc and Dominique
Danny Mazza
Scott and Andrea
Vamsi
Mike and Dana
Ken and June R
Wendy and Ken

Hi Bruce, add Dana and I to the list.

Andrea and I are in.