Pinot Posse 2012 - Colorado

It’s about time for us to invade Colorado again - here comes the Pinot Posse 2012 Tour !!

January 15-19th 2012

January 15th Sunday, Colorado Springs
Pinot Posse Dinner @ The Broadmoor

January 16th Monday, Denver
Pinot Posse Dinner @ Ya Ya

January 18th Wednesday, Carbondale
Posse Survivor Dinner @ Six89

January 19th Thursday, Steamboat Springs
Posse Survivor Dinner @ Cafe Diva

Check out this link for Pinot Posse Details: http://www.pinotposse.com/tour2012.html

The Pinot Posse is:

Dan Kosta, Kosta Browne Winery
Brian Loring, Loring Wine Company
Andrew Vingiello, AP Vin Wines
David O’Reilly, Owen Roe
Jim Prosser, JK Carriere
Ed Kurtzman, August West
Peter Cargasacchi, Point Concepcion Cargasacchi Vineyards
Craig Strehlow, Keefer Ranch

Maybe I’m missing it somewhere but what would the dinner in Denver entail?

In past years, it has included- cocktail hour, 5+ course dinner, wines paired with each course (usually 2 wines per course, generous taste pours). The Posse members float among the tables usually sitting down at a different table each course. $150/person. You will consume at least 750ml, probably more (if you choose). Always a great event. As in past years, I will plan a visit to Denver and take a couple of clients with me.

Brian, look forward to seeing you and the rest of the Posse in Denver!

Peter pretrty much nailed the description [cheers.gif]. It’s a great chance to try a bunch of Pinots side by side by side… We all pony up a wine for each dinner, so you’ll drink some KB, Loring, APVin, etc, etc. [drinkers.gif]

The Denver dinner DOES NOT include getting picked up by strippers and then walking back to the hotel along the freeway.

If any Berserkers are in Steamboat or Vail at the end of that week, and up for skiing with riff raff, please feel free to join us. Thursday January 12 at Steamboat,and Friday January 13 at Beaver Creek or Vail, depending on snow conditions. My cell is 805.588.1545, text me if you can ski with us, several local somms andwine retailers will join us.

Too bad you didn’t include Telluride on your tour, lots of us wino’s in town.

I want to go badly. I’ve never skied Telluride and its going to be an incredible event. But I’m doing a week in CO in January and then a week for Taste of Vail in April. Too much of a stretch for my budget to do all three. Though I might get a wild hair and try to crash Telluride at the last minute. It’s extremely tempting! flirtysmile

pm sent.

I wish I could attend the Denver dinner, but I’ll be in Grand Junction for a conference the entire week. If any of the Posse are available for dinner on the 17th or any other time that week while you’re on the western slope, I’d love to meet you and introduce you to some of Colorado’s winemakers (though we don’t do much Pinot…)

We’ll all be in Vail on the 17th doing a trade tasting and then an apres ski event at Vin48. Sorry.

If the conference is the same week as Pinot Posse next year, I’ll have to try to get you to do an event in Grand Junction. We don’t make much pinot in CO, but the local winemakers would greatly benefit from meeting you guys. BTW, a couple of guys from my tasting group will be a the Denver dinner, but not I [swearing.gif] . Enjoy your trip!

Ugh. I won’t be in Colorado that month, and am coming in to town only end of February. I so wanted to meet Brian and Dan, as I’m lucky enough to be a KB member, even if living in New Jersey. Now if only the pinot posse were in the NJ area. (Not NY - toooooo many VIPs up there - i’d get shut out).

Then again, I do have a friend at Gilt…