South Florida offline?

South Florida, why do I never see much going on here? Is it only in California where they appreciate the wine and food? Cmon, any interest in meeting some strangers and enjoying good wine and food? They dont get any stranger than me, just ask Carrie from Napa Wine and Cigar… :wink:

Any interest in a meet n greet at McCormick and Schmicks in Cityplace/West Palm? I’ve been there. Great food and corkage fee was a whopping $15 for the table. So, what do you think?

http://www.mccormickandschmicks.com…hobee-Blvd.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If there is interest, then lets talk date/time. Weekend is easier for me as I’m an hour away, but thursday also works well as I am off on that day and can meet any time.

Lets show california that good food and wine is not limited to the west coast!

I’m sensing a huge interest in this…

[cheers.gif]

I guess California has the corner on good food, good wine and enthusiasm… why do I live here…

Harris,
I get to my home in Jupiter often. We love to eat at Evo in Tecuesta…have a few friends there who are very into vino…so we should stay in touch.
John Gonzalez

John,

sent you a PM. Looking forward to meeting.

Hi Harris,

We are currently working on a Paso-themed dinner in Fort Lauderdale. Will post details soon.

Would also be interested in a WPB event, but would have to be a weekend as I live in Coral Springs and work in Miami.

David,

Sorry for the late reply.

Let me know about Ft Lauderdale.

There is some interest in West Palm, but later in the year. Posted this at the “other site”.

Will try to cross reference stuff.

Harris,

FWIW, there are a number of South Floridians on the WS board. Just was down for an insane offline in Jupiter a few weeks ago that included a Grange vertical. Needless to say, Florida is under represented on every board however.

Serge,

Boca isn’t in Florida…its a suburb of New York City.

I’m just bumping this as I’m fairly new to all of this. I’m in Palm Beach County and would be interested. Clearly McCormick’s is gone from City Place but City Cellar has some nice offerings and plenty of space in the patio area for a reasonably sized group.

Just learning about a number of places to do tastings at in PBC and Broward as well.

Market 17 in Ft. Lauderdale is a great location for an offline. Very friendly to these types of gatherings. Food is farm to table and very good.