Salute Hartford Ct Monday August 21st

Been having such a blast at all the recent offlines, I figure lets try another for August if we can round up some folks. Restaurant will likely end up being in Htfd or W Htfd. All past attendees of course welcome as well as any newbies. Was thinking 2nd or 3rd week of August. Lets see who’s interested and then we can narrow down some dates. Who’s in ?

Interested:
1: Jonathan Sirot- 2003 Corton Chateau Corton Andre Grand Cru + another tbd
3: Dennis + Windy Kanagie
4: Tad Witherington
5: Jay Presbie
6: Joe Neri

Room for a few more !

I spoke to Jimmy the owner and he agreed to charge us only $80 corkage if we bring 8 bottles. It would normally be $20 per bottle. I will personally be bringing 2 bottles because I always do. Others are only required to bring one unless anyone else feels like bringing an extra.

John,

I had a good time at my first Hartford offline earlier this month so I am in! Third week in August works better for me.

Bump… Anyone else interested ? We have 5 so far but room for at least 3 more although small offlines are a lot of fun too.

Traveling that day, unfortunately.

I know you would have joined if you could . Hopefully next time Kevin. Enjoy your trip.

Bump…We are at 5 people currently. Would love to have a few more in case anyone else is interested.

Jonathan - At any other time of the year we would jump at the chance but we are heading into family get togethers and harvest season now which ties us up completely. We shall try to join the next time post harvest. Have fun and enjoy the wine…Cheers, Gary & Gayle

Eclipse Day

Gary I understand totally. We shall see you and Gayle next time. Good luck with the harvest. Hope everything goes smoothly

John,

I am sorry but I will not be able to attend the offline on Monday. I hope to make it to the next one. Jacques

Sorry you can’t make it this time. I certainly hope to see you at the next one.

What did I miss?

Another great event. Sorry you couldn’t join but I think you had the more unique experience.
Started with a 2011 JJ Prum Reisling Auslesse ? I always enjoy these
My 03 Burgundy was slightly acidic but was getting better towards the end of the evening. Jay brought a 2002 La Pousse d’Or Volnay 1er Cru Les Caillerets which was excellent. I at the last minute decided to bring a 2002 Merus which I thought was superb. I sadly think that was the only bottle I had which is strange for me. I usually buy 3 of everything. Dennis and Windy brought a 2007 Fontadi Flaccianello della Pieve Colli della Toscana Centrale, also an excellent wine. Those 3 were all contenders for wotn. Tad brought a 2004 Rene Geoffroy champagne volupte which was quite big and flavorful lots of fruit…Lastly Joe brought a 2008 Shafer Red Shoulder chardonnay showing that they do a great job with their whites as well as reds. To end the meal Dennis and Windy provided a Vin Santo which we paired with homemade biscotti.
Again very good food and service. They constantly swapped out glassware and also provided us a private room in back with a window to the kitchen. Had tons of apps and still out of there for a very reasonable tarriff

This is what I enjoyed instead (Gordan Hicks’ GIF of tracings made through a cardboard pinhole telescope):
unnamed.gif
Also had dinner at The Catbird Seat in Nashville, which was amazing (#10 on OAD’s Top 100 US restaurants list!).