San Diego Meet Up- 8/24 in Del Mar CA

As an update to my original post from below…

So we are a GO for Thursday, August 24th at 6pm at Sbicca Restaurant in Del Mar, CA. Address is 215 15th Street, Del Mar, CA 92014. Website is below.

We will be in the Wine Room private area. $20 corkage per bottle but I will try and get that reduced.

Theme is Napa Cabernet, suggested minimum bottle value $50+.

I will post again late next week to get a final headcount. If you are wanting to come and haven’t replied, please do so on this post or PM me.

Thanks All, and looking forward to a great night…

http://sbiccadelmar.com/

Hello All,

I searched the posts and realized that I haven’t seen a proposal to get local Wine Lovers together here in the SD area.

Just wanted to throw out potentially getting together, perhaps a good group of say 8-10 people for dinner and of course, enjoying some fine wine.

I live in the Hillcrest/ Bankers Hill area, and work in La Jolla. My girlfriend and I eat out way too much which hurts the AMEX, but fortunately gives me good perspective on the good spots in the area.

High end Napa cabs and Brunello’s are my go to, so we could meet at a nice steakhouse or Italian spot.

Again, just throwing it out there, let me know if anyone out there in WB Land has an interest in late July/ early August…

Brian,

I’m game!

We need to get the Wineberserkers in SD going, the OC is putting us to shame.

I’m in North County, but willing to go wherever would work for a wine group.

Howard

I’m in Brian. Sent you availability in PM. UTC area but willing to go most anywhere.

Yes, finally some interested WB’s!

I have a very busy work schedule for the next week or so, but lets try and plan something say early August? Lets try and get a few more people and really knock this thing out.

Anything UTC/ Del Mar area is fine with me, but for good wine and good company I’ll go anywhere (well, almost anywhere…)

I’d be interested if it happens on a Wednesday or Thursday when I stay in the Sorrento Valley and Del Mar areas.

Perfect, this is all coming together nicely!

So I propose we consider a Thursday evening in Del Mar? One of my favorite spots is Sbicca, or for a higher price point (but really amazing food), there is Kitchen 1540 across the street at L’Auberge. Of course, we can consider other options as well, just throwing those two out…

See yelp links below…

Wanted to follow back up on this, and propose a date.

How does Thursday, August 10th look for you all?

And not sure If I can set up a private group message, but maybe go that route for communicating moving forward?

That date won’t work for me, out of town the week of 8/8.

That date works for me. I’m available almost any Wednesday or Thursday except 8/16 and 8/17.

OK, lets see if we hear from a couple others and then we can decide if it makes sense to go with the 10th or punt until later in August…

San Diego WB’ers,
It looks like THU, August 24th is looking like the best option at this point. There are four people solidly confirmed so far. We are thinking the Del Mar area (Sbicca) or UTC area (Fleming’s).

Please reply back to this thread or PM me and we can figure it out. Grazie!

I’m potential as well, though date-dependent. I have my FIL in town from the 11th through the 20th so if it is held in that timeframe, more likely not. The Del Mar location helps a great deal

OK, I have heard from a couple other people, so lets do this.

I just reserved the Wine Room at Sbicca in Del Mar for Thursday, August 24th. The space fits 16 people so we should have more than enough room. There is no food/beverage minimum, corkage is $20/bottle, and that night it is half off bottles on their wine list. I have been here many times, VERY good food without breaking the bank. Website below…
http://sbiccadelmar.com
Please reply back to let me know who is coming…

Hey Todd,

It would be great if you could join us!

If you still have room, I would love to join, date dependent. Is this still on 8/24? I moved to Solana Beach last July and have been looking to meet some locals now that my travel schedule has calmed down.

I’m very likely in if it’s on the 24th - also, when you get a headcount, you might want to talk with them about reducing the corkage fee, as with a large party, they’re more likely to do so :wink:

Michel,

Yes, there is room for you to join. Looking forward to meeting you in a couple weeks…

Good call Todd,

I will call them a couple days prior and make that request.

Yes, the 24th is a GO.

Looking forward to (hopefully) meeting you…

Please confirm for sure yay or nay when you know so I can get a solid headcount.

I’m in - what time?

Perfect!

I have reserved the space from 6-9pm. I was thinking we could all mingle and then eat dinner say 6:45-7pm, that way anyone who needs to take off at a reasonable time can do so…
But totally up for other suggestions…