Seattle: Din Tai Fung. July 3rd. Noon.

Seattle,

I’ll be in Seattle for the 4th and have Monday off so let’s get together and eat some dumplings. Noon on the 3rd. The theme is open but Scott, Jason and I will be bringing some Riesling, Champagne, Sauternes and aged Oregon Pinot. The Westlake Mall DTF, https://goo.gl/maps/vymuxdChngD2

Bring your own stems. There’s a $15 corkage.

Later that evening, I’ll be at Canon for industry night, if that floats your boat instead.

You guys are killing me! I’m out of town for both this and Cindy’s event…

Next time.

Man - I am from Taipei so DTF has a special place in my heart. Too bad I will miss this one.

Awh, that sounds fun, but I’ll need to be working that day. Have a great time.

Oof, I work a block away, maybe I can spit.

Unfortunately I’ll be out of town. Would be great to meet you and other Portland winos some time.

Cheers,

Hal

We won’t tell

This is looking very possible for me. I’m thinking a gobelsburg tradition riesling and a grooner, or maybe a von winning sauv blanc. Trying to convince my buddy Romo who is flying up from SD for other weekend wine events to change his flight so he can make this as well.
Din tai fun green beans with GV - and spicy wonton with riesling… doesn’t get much better.

yes!!! That von winning Sav Blanc I would be rocking with the food. I totally agree. I just tasted the 16 and it’s almost as good as the 15.

I’m going to bring a 1994 Jos. Christoffel Jr. then go in a totally different direction and bring a 1983 Château Rieussec, 1989 Argyle Brut, and likely a McKinley Pinot Noir (plus my wife to help drink the bottles).

Can’t wait.

I have both the SB I and II. Have you tried both? The I is oaky and viscous, the II is all stainless steel and has crazy acid. I just ordered some of the 500s, but I’m waiting to have them shipped until the weather cools down. I’m loving the entire Von Winning line. Had the '13 Ungeheuer GG riesling last night - WOW.

I have tried both the I and II in 15 and 16. I’m with you on enjoying the whole lineup. I ordered a mixed case of 16 GGs again this year.

I was thinking the 70% oak of the Sav Blanc I would be a better textural match which the cuisine (noodles, hot pork gelatin, etc).

I turn my head for a minute and another event crops up?!? I could have actually made this one! Dang it…

I’d say good times we had
20170703_143518.jpg

[cheers.gif] [cheers.gif]