FINAL UPDATE: San Francisco - Friday 6/30 @ 7pm - Please see post #41

i will be in the city on friday 6/30. anyone interested in sharing a couple of bottles?

[cheers.gif]

Details:

Friday 6/30 at 7pm.

Maybeck’s
3213 Scott St, San Francisco, CA 94123

I would, but I’ll miss you by a week. I’ll be there tonight and tomorrow night. Any advice on must-not-miss restaurants?

Kyle,
Doesn’t look like you got any responses to your original post, sorry I can’t join you. If you’re a single, one suggestion is a bar seat at Rich Table. People line up there early for their opening, when they seat the first dozen or so at the bar. Then I think they make a list for seats as they open.

Alan,

Yes, just visiting by lonesome self. I’ll have to check out Rich Table. Looks about a 15-20 min walk from my hotel.

kyle - bummer that we will miss each other by a week. i haven’t dined in the city for over a year, not sure what are the new can’t miss restaurants. rich table seems like a great spot, i haven’t been there myself. near that area is zuni cafe, jardiniere, and absinthe. if you want to venture out further there is also the progress or spqr. of course if you want to break the bank there is saison, atelier crenn, benu, just to name a few. hope you have a great time.

my brother may be joining us for dinner, we’re probably going to tear up the list at absinthe, i can also byob (burg, bord, rhone, cali) in case anyone is interested in joining us.

[cheers.gif]

No breaking the bank for me. But if any one is interested in tasting a CO petit Verdot or Cab/merlot blend I could bring those…

Walked right in and am sitting at the bar at Rich Table drinking a Duende Tempranillo.

Unfortunately won’t be getting back into town until later in the evening, or I’d join ya. Next time!

Nice! Hope you enjoy it.

none of you can do a dinner with edson!? he brings fire!?

I might make it.

If George Chadwick is willing to drive to the City on a Friday night then I’d be a fool to miss the pleasure of his company.

gene - i hope all is well with you. hopefully we can share a vino or two soon.

i’m not a celeb like you bro and don’t you be lying to them :slight_smile:

george - it will be a pleasure to finally meet you!

richard - looking forward to it!

Very under the weather now but hopefully will get better by the 30th. Only thing is getting a decent wine friendly restaurant on a Friday in San Francisco is quite challenging, belive me I have tried. Anyone here have a venue in mind?

hi joel - it will be a pleasure to finally meet you. i hope you can make it. i’m open to suggestions as far as the venue. in the event that folks aren’t able to make it, i made a reservation at absinthe. I will be arriving in the city around 5-6pm. a 7pm start would be perfect.

[cheers.gif]

Maybeck’s might work.

I might be able to make it! I don’t know yet. Keep me in the loop for now!

I’m probable now.

Just seeing this now. I’ll ask my wife if I can go out Friday night. However, she’s a huge Edson fan and may tell me that I need to stay home with our son so she can go drink wine with Edson.

it will be great to finally meet you if you’re able to make it.
[cheers.gif]