DC - Saturday May 20th

5/18 Update on the May 20th tasting.

6pm start with champers and appetizers. Dinner will be ready by 730, and we can eat anytime after that.

Janet (CT= Hellowine) had to go back to SF for a family emergency, so I’m hosting solo.

If you havent told me already, please let me know if you are bringing anything food-wise. Alex & Aleks are bringing some breads, and Corey and Christin are bringing a dessert. We should have about 5-7 decanters, but feel free to bring more, we got alot of wine!

I know i sent everyone has the address and my cell, but its 202 297 one three nine one. You can also email me at oldnjaded at gmail.com

Ericindc - 2002 piper Heidsieck rare + 2000 Leoville Barton, 2 x 2007 Black Cat Cabernet (may change one to 2012 for a mini 3 vintage vertical)
TexaswineGeek +1 - aged Bordeaux or Napa Cab
Marcus (Berserkers) - some or all of 1999, 2002, 2004 Leoville Barton, 1999 Spottswood
Max (Berserkers) - 2003 Leoville Barton (x2 or 1 +1 Napa cab)
James and Mat (local friends) - Champagne
Alex (CT = Ethos) + 1 - 2x 2004 Husic Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon Dos Palmas
Lonnie (CT=Doc2) +1 - Billecart-Salmon Blanc de blancs, and NV Ruinart Champagne Blanc de Blancs Brut
Corey and Christin (Berserkers) - 2011 EMH Black Cat Cabernet and an older Mayacamas cabernet.

Menu & Update:
Note: I would recommend that if you want to ensure everyone gets a taste of your wine, bring 2 bottles.

Requests: (1) Message me the wine you will be bringing. (2) We could use additional decanters (3) If people want to bring cheese, charcuterie, or bread to go with the champers, it would be appreciated!! and (4) If you wish to bring a dessert, let me know.

Feel free to bring your own glasses, but we have plenty. We have enough white/champagne glasses for each person. We have these:
Stolzle revolution glasses.
http://www.stoelzle-lausitz.com/en/377-00-02-weißweinkelch

For the reds, we have enough glasses that each person can have 2 red wine glasses each.

We will also have water and lemonade.

Appetizers:
We will be doing a selection of cheeses and charcuterie with the champagne.

For dinner we will have a beef dish, and a chicken dish, along with sides.

Beef: Beef Bourguignon,
Chicken: Jamaican jerk-style chicken

Sides:
Gouda Mashed potatoes
Avocado/basil rice
Green beans
Mixed Green Salad with Vinaigrette

Dessert
Dessert a la Corey and Kristin.

Message or email Eric (oldnjaded at gmail.com) for question, address and directions. We are a long (but nice) walk from the Shaw and U Street Metro Stations on the Green line. Or a quick Taxi/Uber/Lyft

If this goes well, next it’s AFWE time.

Very nice idea. The Piper rare is superb.

I’m in. Have a couple of ideas on what to bring – either a Leoville Barton vertical (2002, 2003, 2004) or a horizontal comparing the LB to a California wine from the same year. E.g. I could bring 1999 Leoville Barton and 1999 Spottswoode. Will PM you about the choice.

and maybe some pate or something casual in the food department.

looking forward, thanks for putting this together!

Thanks!! Looking forward to it as well. I put an update in the 1st post.

Bump for update. Looks like a full house.

Bump for menu update in first post as well as some requests for decanters, cheeses, etc.

i think i will double up the leoville barton vertical/horizontal with LB-california and bring:

1999 Leoville Barton
1999 Spottswoode
2002 Leoville Barton
2004 Leoville Barton

Plus I can bring a decanter

A touch excessive but I might be convinced to open up a 2000 Leoville Barton. lol

Update on wines. Let me know if I got any of this wrong.

Eric & Janet - 2002 piper Heidsieck rare, 2000 Leoville Barton, 2 x 2007 Black Cat Cabernet
Billy (CT=TexaswineGeek) +1 - aged Bordeaux or Napa Cab
Marcus (Berserkers) - some or all of 1999, 2002, 2004 Leoville Barton, 1999 Spottswood
Max (Berserkers) - 2003 Leoville Barton (x2 or 1 +1 Napa cab)
James and Mat (local friends) - Champagne
Alex (CT handle Ethos) + 1 - 2x 2004 Husic Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon Dos Palmas
Lonnie+1 - Billecart-Salmon Blanc de blancs, and NV Ruinart Champagne Blanc de Blancs Brut
Corey and Christin (Berserkers) - TBD.

looks like we are headed toward a nice Leoville Barton vertical! 99, 02, 03, 04, now we just have to get Eric to open up that 2000 flirtysmile

Bump.

Weather looking good for this saturday. Still have a couple folks who havent sent me their wines, but surprises are always nice.

We will kick off at 6pm, I figure we will get ready for dinner by 730ish. Anyone who is bringing anything, please let me know. Any other details, see 1st post.

Also, I was in a PLCB premium collection wine store over the weekend and was tempted to get the 2014 Leoville Barton. I didnt tho. lol

Bump for updated wine list, and some food updates.

psyched for this – thanks for putting it together!

shaping up to be a very nice comparative tasting of Bordeaux and California cabs.