Indianapolis Offline: 4/8 6:30pm

Hey folks, it looks like there are enough of us to try and put together an offline in Indiana. Based on the location of most people who posted in the thread in Wine Talk, I propose that we meet in Indianapolis. Please let me know if you are interested and what day(s) of the week are best and we’ll go from there.

Weekends are best for my husband and I!! I have a 6 months old and weekends are always the easiest to have the grandparents in town to watch her. Plus I don’t have to worry about it being a school night :wink:

Missed the other thread. I’m usually good for weekends as well.
Hi Christine. And Pat. :slight_smile:

Hey Andy, glad you caught this thread. Hopefully we can get a decent group together.

My wife and I would be interested. Weekends are likely best but weekdays can work too with a bit of notice. Where is the only question.

And for the Bloomington/Southern Indiana people, I’m still interested in that as well.

JD

I can arrange the tasting at a restaurant if that is acceptable. I might also be able to host at my home on the west side of the city.

Hi Pat and Andy (and Christine and John),

Always happy to pull some corks with you, as you know. If on a weekend, I, too, would be a +1, and if it worked for others, Sat 2/25 (or the one before, 2/18) would be ideal. We are going to be out of town most of March, so would not be free again until April. Obviously, feel free to soldier on without us, if these dates don’t work; and I also second what John said: he and I will be working on getting something together in Bloomington for us Indiana folks further south (maybe in April), though of course Andy, Pat, and Christine are also very welcome :slight_smile:!

I must admit that I had not thought that our group would come together as quickly as this month as we are still waiting to see if others are also interested. Thinking people would need more notice, I was thinking of mid-late March or early April as I wish to wait and see if indeed others are interested.

Hi Pat,

As I said in my post, I’m happy to work on a different timeline; no pressure on this end, as to timing. One possible point of confusion: I did not think you were suggesting getting a tasting group together, just a single offline? Is that correct? (In the last post you spoke of a “group.”) Might try to get something like the other going here in B-town, but as to an offline, again, sure, whatever works for you and everyone else, did not mean to pressure anyone.

Josh, yep just trying to put together a single event at this point. By group, I just meant the group at this offline.

yup, I’m game - with a strong preference for Indianapolis.

I am certainly game! February is a little crazy for me so March and April sound like better options…but will just roll along with whatever works for everyone else. A tasting at a restuarant sounds fabulous.

I guess the next thing is to figure out is which wine to bring. Time to go look at my iddy biddy cellar.

Thanks for creating this thread. Also…a thanks for moving my misplaced Indiana roll call thread.

Also just wanted to say thank you to everyone who posted on my other thread. Thank you all for the great post…so many local Beserkers and one ex NYer to boot.

I live in Silverville…near Springville and Bedford. Much more divided on the issue of alcohol. I should have clarified that…as certainly that is not the case in Bloomington and Indianapolis.

Josh - Keep me posted if you guys end up doing an informal meetup in Bloomington :slight_smile:

I would certainly be interested. Any day would likely be fine, but weekends are best.

Ok, so it sounds like a weekend is the preference. I’m also inferring that Saturday is the better day based on a few comments. We’ll need some good lag time to try and schedule a larger tasting dinner. I’ll throw out a few dates. Please let me know which, if any will work for you all.

3/11
3/18
3/25
4/8
4/15

4/8 works for me and my better half.

JD

3/25 and all of April works for me.

Pat - thanks for organizing this…much appreciated.

I could do 4/8.

Anywhere in Central Indiana/Indy works for me.

4/8 should work for me as well. Thanks for organizing, Pat!