Mike on Tour--SF, March 4, 2017

or both. I’ll be in San Francisco for 4 days or so after flying back from Singapore on the 2nd. I’ll be dead-tired, I imagine, on the 2nd, but would be great to get together with some folks 3rd or 4th. I’m staying at Air B&B around Walnut Creek to visit a cousin of mine, but will rent a car and can easily get to wherever. Hope can scare up some interest.

All best,

Mike

I can’t make the 3rd but I could make the 4th if you do something then in SF. Keep me informed!

I am good on both dates. Looking forward to seeing you again Mike.

I’ll be in.

Shall we aim for the 4th as a starting point then? Who wants to take point on setting up. And Joel–I still owe you a T-Shirt—I will do my best to remember to bring one this time!

Mike

Your memory seems to be fading with age, my friend. May I remind you that after your last visit to our fair city the SF Sheriff’s office told you in no uncertain terms that you were never to set foot in San Francisco again. Hell, there are a couple of neighborhoods and several restaurants that I still won’t venture into for fear of being recognized as a friend of “that crazy Canadian”.

…for fleecing unwary fantasy baseball players of their hard-earned wines, you mean? I guess I did forget that. And isn’t every neighbourhood refreshed by a Crazy Canadian?

No t-shirt needed, just bring Roulot (jk). Anyway March 4 will be a Saturday, will be quite challenging to setup in a popular place but I will see what I can do. If others want to also look for a venue, please feel free to do so.

• Joel

Mike on Tour - San Francisco:

When: March 4, 2017 at 7:30 PM

Where: Maybeck’s - http://maybecks.com/

Attendees: will try to keep this to maybe 10 attendees. Bring your own glasses, also please bring cash.

1. Mike - attendance confirmed
  2. Joel - attendance confirmed
  3. Craig - attendance confirmed
  4. Richard L. - attendance confirmed
  5. Wes Barton - attendance confirmed
  6. Cindy - attendance confirmed
  7. Yang Xiao - attendance confirmed
  8. Ed Kurtzman - attendance confirmed

Rob B - cancelled
    Vamsi - cancelled

Pencil me in please. I’ve got a couple of bottles from Mike’s birth year and unlike Mike, they’re not getting any better so we might as well open them.

I’d hate to be getting any better at this stage of my career :slight_smile: Thanks guys, looking forward as always. This is a nice bonus stop-in off my usual triennial visit.

Sorry to miss you this time Mike. Enjoy your stay and hope to meet up with you next time. Cheers.

I know it’s early, but any theme for the wines Mike? I can pick up wines from the cellar today or early tomorrow, and then won’t be able to go back until our dinner.

I’ll play.

I’d like to join!

Sign me up!

Hey Mike welcome back to SF! I’d like to join :slight_smile:.

I’m utterly incapable of thinking that far ahead for theme. I don’t want to subject anyone to anything I may still have in the suitcase from pickup in LA–it’ll be bottle-shocked to death. And sorry, Joel, I don’t think I’ll have any Roulot with me this time :wink:

Maybe…would people be interested in doing mid to higher-end Southern Hemisphere stuff (e.g. NZ Pinot, South African, Argentinian, Chilean)?

Ed, sorry indeed we won’t get a chance to catch up—I’ll be back out in fall of 2018. But lovely to see the gang coming together again!

Mike

I just remembered I have a pedicure scheduled that evening.

And here I thought you’d be out walking your imaginary dog or busy being iconized by your computer. Bordeaux, Burgundy or California it is