Mike on Tour--OC, Feb 16

Yes I know, I know—it’s just before FallTacular. Nevertheless, I’ve realized I’m getting into L.A. quite a bit earlier than I thought, about 1 pm. That would make available an evening for a pre-festivities OL if anyone would like to do so. I probably would prefer OC slightly only because I’ll be staying at the Best Western Dana Point down there from Thursday night on—and will have some wines waiting for me when I get there that I could potentially share. For this leg of the trip, I could probably also purchase or bring with.

Let me know if anyone interested, always love to get together in smaller groups. This whole thing will be kicking off a busy trip to LA/OC, Hawaii, HK, Singapore and SF.

Mike

SHOOT we will be gone …ENJOY

I know—and for FT too–I will really miss seeing you both, but have fun!

Mike

Wait… when is your SF leg? I don’t see the offline posting about that.

Coming… :slight_smile:

I think I can make it if it is in OC.

I will watch this for an OC event

Hi Mike,
I could join you for dinner on Thursday in OC, There are a few new restaurants in Dana Point that we could try…
Cheers

Let me contact a few people on the board in LA, but certainly looks like we can lean this OC way. I want to reach out to Juyuan and some of the others who were at the last OL in 2015 on the big trip.

One thing, though—I’m going to want a mostly non-California theme given FallTacular will be the couple days later, hope that will be OK (older Cali would be lovely, of course :wink: )

Mike

Bump, hoping we can still do this. I have some PMs to get out to people who I got together with a few years ago/people on the global city-by-city list. But in absence, Robin, would you be able to make arrangements? Will update here.

Mike

Count us in!

Dennis & Norma Callahan champagne.gif

I do need someone to help with picking a location, reservations, etc. Thanks!

Mike

Playground?

If we can manage, would be great—didn’t get the chance to get there a couple years ago. Sam Woo’s worked fine a couple years ago too, though I think Juyuan made all the arrangements that time…

So far I count 6 people that could make it.
What time should I make the reservation?
They open at 5 pm.

Mike Grammer
Andre Mulyono
Dennis Callahan
Norma Callahan
Robin Stark (tentative)
Jay Selman
Jason Hagen (tentative)
Gerry Frayer (tentative)

I’ll PM Robin to check back with her and have a couple other PMs out and going. Hopefully can firm up by end of today, but maybe 6:30 pm Andre?

Really appreciate you taking the lead on organizing–it will be great to meet you!

Mike

I would have loved to make this but this Thursday night I am working an event, ironically, at the Ocean Institute in Dana Point. If y’all end up at a Dana Point venue, I might still crash in at 10pm or so but don’t count in it.

There are plenty of great spots around DP, Laguna, San Clemente, etc. Playground is great if you have the 30-45 minutes to spare driving up to Santa Ana, but if I were in Mike’s shoes , I’d stay on the coast nearby.

Have a great time!

Bob

Actually, I’m tentative also. I’m a bit concerned about the drive (too far south) and the rain.

If playground is still the venue, I was able to get reservation for 6 people at 6.15 pm.

Mike and Dennis, please let me know if you are OK with Playground.

Sorry, 8 people.