Falltacular BYOB Friday Night Kick-off Dinner--2/17/17 @ 6PM

Keeping the tradition going, we’ll have our usual Friday night BYOB kick-off dinner. While everything we do on Saturday will support Laura’s House, our Friday night dinner is mainly about fellowship and catching up, as many of you will not have seen each other in the past year. For those who have attended before, and based on feedback I got last year (and a few years prior to some extent), I am going to change up for the format. My goal will be to provide a setting that encourages more walking around, and is likely more appetizer focused. Both intentions reinforce the other, and collectively they allow everyone to talk more and mix together. I’m still working on locking down the location and my focus is to secure Luciana’s (http://www.lucianas.com/) again in Dana Point. They completed the outside patio since last year, adding tables, seating, a covering and also heat lamps so my hope is that we can use part of the front room and also the patio to allow everyone the space we need. Please use the details below for your reference. For now, all I need from you is a reply/post (no PM’s please) that you (and if you are bringing a +1) want to attend. If you’re a Maybe for now, that is fine but I ask that you turn your Maybe into a Yes or No sooner than later so I can plan total attendance. For now, I want to cap attendance at 60. Once I book the location, and understand the space, we can then edit the number if space permits.

Cost–around $55 a person (final cost TBD as we get closer).
Theme–BYOB and as many bottles as you like.
Glasses–bring stems. They avoid stemware expense of cleanup and I can leverage that for price.
Cash–no credit cards. It is easier to settle up and helps me leverage price.
Location and Time–trying for Luciana’s. We’ll keep the event in the Dana Point/San Clemente area.

Questions, please post them.

JoAnn and I are in…as long as our flight isn’t delayed big time. We are scheduled to land around noon - so we have a good margin.

Erf, since you are on F-Book, post over there using the Event feature. You can then hard code your attendance, which helps me. Looks like you will be fine, based on your flight, pal.

Andrew + Sahba please. As usual, thank you for setting up the dinner! We will look forward to seeing everyone Friday since neither of us will make is Saturday (except maybe a quick cameo at 4:50pm to bottle block Seiber at the auction).

Mark and Brad are in.

That’s nothing, our flight lands at 3:40pm! See you there.

To make life easier, I went ahead and reached out to a bunch of folks and would like to RSVP for the following folks for Friday night dinner. All are prior Friday-night attendees with Scott being new to the night (but not to Falltacular):

• Trish Vogel
  • Will Crawford
  • Dave Alles
  • Jodi Schlessel+1
  • Michael Brown/Susan Otto
  • Scott Freedman
  • Mike & Lauren Manning
  • Bekah Logan

Steve and Misuk - always one of our favorite evenings of the year!

Andrea and I…Not sure if I did the Facebook thing right?

Rob Berry, Rob Bastuba, Brandon Bastuba and I are in.

Robin is in!!!

I met with Jorge of Luciana’s last night. They are excited to be partnering with us again for the Friday dinner. I explained the format change, which would include a small plates/buffet-like arrangement, as well as more space to move about. We’d likely have set tables, albeit less of them, to allow people to move around and adjust their seating to socialize. The menu is not set yet but the food would be more akin to app types/portions that can fit on small plates. In terms of attendance, for now we need to set the max target at 60 people. If weather permits, then we could look to expand the number and let people overflow to the heated patio.

Please keep posting if you will be attending so I can keep track. Of course, you can use the Facebook page too if you like. Facebook

Thanks!

Uh…you guys know how to fill a restaurant. As of now, we are at 59 people. That # comes from counting the RSVPs from our Facebook page, as well as those posted in our thread here. I told Jorge we would cap at 60, so I am going to accept 1 more person, or 1 couple. After that, we go Wait List, which is really ‘weather permitting’ as we will need to see if we can use the outside overflow patio (which is sans-roof but heated!).

Thank you for filling up the event.

As of now, we are full for the event. We can start a Wait List and my hunch is we can look to let a few more people in, provided the weather on the night of the event is favorable to allow us to use some room on the restaurant patio. if you wish to be added to the Wait List, please post.

I’ll join the waitlist…w/ a +1

Tough timing for me this year as I leave for an international flight Saturday afternoon for a wedding.

FMIII, I spaced this. I need to RSVP for myself and one other guest. Sorry for only getting this to you now!

Darren

Darren, I need to wait list you, much like I need to do the same for Robert. I hate to say this but if I say there is a wait list, then I need to put people on it as we’re full. As we get closer, I will work with the restaurant to see if we can add some additional space. Next time I speak with them, I will see if there is something we can do to let another 8-10 in, regardless of the weather situation and the outside. Cannot promise, will try. After 60, the space in there is very tight.

Just hang tight, I’ll see what we can do.

Thanks Frank.

Got it. Hoping for good weather or a touch more space. I can drop my guest if needed! Thanks.

A little late due to great snow in Truckee keeping me busy.

Please add me to the waitlist for the Friday night dinner.