Westchester / Hudson River offline December 28 - Wednesday - Rye Grill

Mai Madigan (board member) will be in town in December, and she asked me to organize an offline on December 28 - Wednesday. Let’s say 7:00.

Dinner will be at http://www.ryegrill.com/ < this is new.
No theme, but bring something you’d like to share. The restaurant is steps away from the Rye station of the New Haven Line.

BYO is $20. per bottle.

So far:

Dan H 2007 Sojourn Cabernet Sauvignon Howell Mountain
Mai M
Jay

Maybe:
Leo
Mark G

Could work if I am in town, which is likely.

Like Jay, I am not sure about post Christmas.

I am checking MP Taverna anyway. Will get back.

Will know better as we get closer to the date so put me on maybe/probable list.

I’m a solid Maybe. If MP Taverna doesn’t workout, I’ll see if I can get us into North in Armonk.

North will only let you bring 1 bottle per table.

Dan…We’ll be ok. The will work with us

Thanks Ross. I’ve edited the first post.

Anyone else interested in joining us?

Dan, Still maybe camp

I will have two sons and a daughter-in-law at home that night so maybe I can drag some of them along to fill things out. Do you have a theme? What does she like?

No theme. I’m bringing an '07 Sojourn Howell Mountain Cab.

Two bottles:

2011 Hudelot Baillet Chambolle Musigny Vieilles Vignes - I had this at Takazawa earlier in the year and it was a head rush from the first sip.

2009 Ganevat Chardonnay Cuvee de Garde Jura - Is there ever really enough Ganevat on the table :wink:

Thank you Dan and IO look forward to meeting some faces to go with handles.

Full disclosure: Like Dan, I am one of those, err, Flyertalk people. What’s worse, one of the original 200 or so from back in '98 so although the fondness for such things is there, the conversation at our table can quite happily be anything under the sun.

See everyone soon,

Mai

Mai,

Berserkers come to these dinners to pump me for travel information. You should see my inbox. Looks like you’ve outed yourself. neener

[oops.gif]

OK, so travel can be on the menu too. I kinda sorta like that too. [cheers.gif]