Anything going on in Seattle?

Hello! Is there anything going on in the Seattle area for casual offlines or rookies? If not, I’m happy to set something up if anyone’s interested.

I’ve been a fan of wine for quite a while but I’ve just gotten deep into it in the past year or two.

I recommend you send a pm to board member PeterH. He organized a fun offline when we visited Seattle in August. We enjoyed visiting with a nice group of winos with various interests which made for an interesting evening of wine and conversation.

Chris, Seattle is like a lot of towns, there are a lot of formal and informal groups, but finding them is tough. If your favorite wine shop(s) have tastings, I’d go to them and chat up some of the other attendees.

Oh, and take a walk around your neighborhood the evening before recycling is picked up. Try and find a neighbor who drinks wine you like. Or find a neighbor who drinks wine you wish you could afford! Viola! Instant wine friend!

Thanks Chuck! Great advice!

I have been searching for a good wine shop here in Seattle and its proven much more difficult than I would have expected. Maybe I need to get into a new business? :slight_smile:

There are a number. If you haven’t already, check out the two McCarthy & Schiering locations (Ravenna and Queen Anne).

pm sent

Bump for interest. :slight_smile:

PM Sent