Avert: West Hartford Ct Sat Dec 10th

A few of my wine buddies and I were talking about getting together for a wine dinner some time in the next few months in the Hartford area. Anybody interested in joining to make us a group of 6 or 8 people ? It would probably be a weekday.

Interested so far

1, Jonathan Sirot-2003 Abreu Thorevilos + 2000 Peby Faugeres
2. Kevin Foley +1-1997 Dominus Estate + 1993 Chateau Megyer Tokaji Aszu 5 Puttonyos
4. Chris Foley +1-2004 Veuve Clicquot La Grande Dame+ 2012 Merryvale Solstice
6. Jay Presbie- 1998 Domenico Clerico Barolo Ciabot Mentin Ginestra
8. Chris and Andrea Spence-2012 Outpost Immigrant True Vineyard + 2011 Fernand & Laurent Pillot Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru Les Vergers +tba

Weekend is better for me.

Depending on the specific date, I could be interested.
Weeknight is fine if not too early. At least Hartford is a short ride for me.

Can you also do a weekend since that’s better for Kevin ?

My choices may be more limited, but yes I can do a weekend.

Would Sat December 3 or 10th or Sunday 4th or 11th work for others in group ?

No conflicts that I know of at this time.

Sun 4th, Sat 10th, Sun 11th all work for me.

Great those dates are good with me. I will check with Jay and Joe and also see if there is anyone else I know who would like to attend. Anyone else from the board interested ? Chris and Kevin would you be bringing a +1 ?

Depending on the final date, I may be interested.

Travel frequently for work, but would try to attend if available.

Thanks for organizing.

Great getting some good response. We are thinking of Sunday Dec 4th or Sat the 10th or Sun the 11th. Leaning towards the 10th at this point but going with consensus what works for you?

I’ll try to get a definitive from my wife this weekend.
Any thoughts on location yet?
That may influence her decision since the wine won’t be much of a factor for her.
Caveys in Manchester may be friendly wrt corkage fees.
I’m not familiar with any place west of the river.

Open to suggestions from anyone. Called Caveys and the person to speak to is out till Tuesday. I will get back to her. Avert in West Hartford is $20 per btl but they are willing to work with us. I will hear back from them later tonight and report back

Avert will do $15 per person which from past experience is a good deal. The 10th or 11th work best for me what about others ?

My wife will come. The tenth or eleventh are good for us.
Avert looks like a good choice. Although closing time on Sunday is listed as 9pm.

It would be great if we could do it Saturday Dec 10th, so I could stay over and drive back to Boston on Sunday.

Might be +1.

Any wine theme?

SaT December 10th it shall be

Ok.
Avert has a French theme according to their website.

I think we should leave an open theme if that’s ok I will certainly keep in mind the food when choosing my wines though. Is that okay with others ?

Fine with me.

I will be +1 (doesn’t drink)