Houston Berserker Night @ Art of Cellaring (Nov 11) -- POSTPONED

Event below has been postponed. Be sure to PM Ryan Caughey your email address to be included in future Houston offlines.

With the weather beginning to cool off down here we are closing in our my favorite time of year - wine shipment season! That said I realized I am in a bit of an ‘over bought’ situation and need to make room in my locker for the new wares. So I propose a Houston Berserker Night for those that find themselves in the same situation or those who just want to make some new wine friends.

Format will be BYOB. Venue will be Art of Cellaring (new wine storage/community in Upper Kirby - see address below). Date will be Friday, Nov 11th. Time will be 6PM - whenever the juice runs out?! PM me if you have specific questions. I figured I would get this on your calendars early in hopes to spread the word. Hopefully, I get to meet many of you there!

champagne.gif

Art of Cellaring
2301 Portsmouth
Houston, TX 77098

JW

OH DAMN!!! The first Houston Berserker Night I’ve seen posted since signing up here and I won’t be able to make it. I’ll be in San Francisco that day. i sure hope there’s another Houston Berserker Night in the near future. :slight_smile:

Count me as a maybe. But I’m 100% in favor of regular/periodic Houston events – and Art of Cellaring sounds like a great venue. It’s really tragic we don’t have more of this in one of the nations largest cities.

I have a conflict that evening, but I am interested in future meet-ups.

The lack of offlines killed me when I was in Houston. Make this happen!

I will send around some PM’s to guys I know are in Houston but may have not checked the offline planner recently and caught this. Will keep everyone posted if this is a go. Definitely post in here if you’re in so I can keep my headcount straight.

JW

Put me on your list JW even though I can’t commit at this point.

One idea is to start an email group to use for offline and other wine-related purposes–we would want to cross-post here, but email is probably easier and more reliable than hoping everyone sees the offline forum, and it would allow for easy inclusion of non-berserkers too. I’m happy to create one if people PM me their emails.

Great idea. And much appreciated you running with that. I will still circulate around some PM’s pointing Houstonians to this thread in hopes that we can build some momentum.

JW

I sadly missed the start of this, but for those interested, here’s a sampling of what Houston enjoyed last week.