Sunday October 23 in SF:..pix herein, TN'S later

I visited Sydney in March and Kevin Kitagawa and his wine group allowed me to sit in, we did the options thing, a 2007 Rousseau Beze in a bag was a nice blind wine, etc. etc. I knew none of the group, they’re just nice people, it was the highlight of a great trip I took alone. Well, Quai later in the week was OK too.

Kevin is in town this coming weekend. Payback time, let’s show this Aussie (who is moving to Switzerland) we can do it too.

Where: SF restaurant, I’ll find a place with your help…wine friendly, not super expensive

Who: anyone who responds, you need not know me or where Australia or Switzerland is, or what an offline is

What wine: no theme. Red, white, dry, sweet. I’m bringing a couple of Grand Cru red Burgundies because I’m insecure.

South Bay/Peninsula gang you need to represent.

I could probably give him a couple of bottles of Wendouree to bring over if he doesn’t have anything in his luggage yet.

PS he might take you to task for calling him an Aussie though :slight_smile:

I don’t think he’s Swiss yet either

if it makes it easier we can do it somewhere else if I have a way to get there via public transport.

Plan on bringing some AU stuff you can’t really get in the US.

Oldish Wendouree
One of the 100+year old vine Tyrrells private bins
Something else…

Can you bring a platypus? Those are hard to find here.

I’ll try. Maybe it’ll fit in my carry on…

By the time the plane lands it will be carrion.

George, any details on where/when?

Should be able to make it; will bring a bottle of Swiss to introduce Kevin to where he is heading.

Alan up to a consensus. Early dinner hour.

Yeah he would have to be resident for 10 consecutive years before that can happen…

Sounds like fun! Unfortunately, I’m committed now to attending the Niner game and don’t know if I’m up for the drive to the City afterwards…

I’ve reserved 6:15 at Boulevard. One of the attendees, a friend of mine from Napa, is connected to its past.

That’s manageable for me, count me in.

If the group gets larger we might move to Epic which is also near the Ferry Building. If so I will post here immediately and PM the yeses which so far is Alan Kevin and Je Suis Charlie plus me and my friend. Gene sounds pessimistic but after a Niners game he will need wine.

To fill in some numbers I have two non wine geek friends I’ve asked to come. I’m bringing three bottles so that should be ok.

Location TBD. I’m pulling over repeatedly on 101 from SLO to find a place that allows more than four bottles total. Epic and Boulevard are no.

Osso Nob Hill 6. PM.

So what are they charging for corkage?

Just read a Yelp review that said they charge $10, which sounds fine if they keep it like for each bottle.

When you said Boulevard, I jumped in because that’s easy for me from Bart. Anyone driving to the restaurant who could pick me up at Powell?

Me
. I’m going in early but I can still get you.