Champagne vs. the world, Saturday, January 21, 2017, New York, NY

We were 19 people , but adding one or two next time would make it great [cheers.gif]
Some freq(uent) travelers hold their annual champagne tasting on Saturday, Jan-21-2017 in New York (aka manhattan), NY. On the menu- great food. On the wine list, great bubbles.
Some of you have met them before, some of you are (deep inside) part of them, and some of you maybe just curious.
We invite you to join for great champagne dinner. Bring yourself, a bottle of great champagne, and come join for a great meal.
Estimated ~95 a/i, based on past experience. Location is known but we are waiting for final approval (UES).
Hi, what a better way to celebrate a weekend in the winter than great bubbles? champagne.gif

postscript- it was a nice tasting, imho, ymmv (of course :wink: )

Wait. Are you saying that a group of frequent flyers aka Flyertalkers actually know about, and know how to drink good Champagne? [shock.gif]
No way. Impossible. [wink.gif]

I’m in.

Do they know the difference between champagne and proseco? I thought we were weird until I sat down with a bunch of them and listened to them bragging about the weekend when that had nothing to do so they flew a dozen different flights to get from LA to NY just to get extra miles.

You’d be the judge… this is part of the list in one of the last meals…

2004 Veuve Clicquot Ponsardin Brut Rosé (Reserve)
2004 Domaine Michel Turgy Blanc de Blancs Grand Cru Brut Millésime
2005 Roses de Jeanne / Cédric Bouchard Champagne Inflorescence Blanc de Noirs La Parcelle
2002 Pierre Paillard Millésime
2000 Taittinger Champagne Brut Blanc de Blancs Comtes de Champagne
2002 Pommery Brut
2004 Dom Ruinart Brut Blanc de Blancs
2008 Gusborune Estate Rosé—> Aka, and god save the queen! (And was damm good)
2010 VQA PEC CUVEÉ PETER F. HUFF,—>aka, Ô Canada! Terre de nos aïeux,
NV Ca’ Del Bosco Franciacorta Brut Cuvee Prestige Rose NV —>aka, Fratelli d’Italia, L’Italia s’è desta
2009 Laetitia Winery Brut Coquard—>aka, representing California, almost an independent state
NV Jacques Selosse Initial
NV André Jacquart Champagne Brut Rosé Experience
NV Camille Savès Champagne Brut Carte Blanche
NV Ayala Majeur Brut
NV Bollinger Rose Brut
NV Diebolt-Vallois Blanc de Blancs and Jose Dhondt Blanc de Blancs
NV Jacquesson & Fils Champagne Cuvée No. 736

And on the still side–
2012 Rhys Chardonnay Alpine Vineyard and
2003 Cold Heaven Viognier Late Harvest Sanford & Benedict
1989 Hans Kramp Ayler Kupp Saar Riesling Spätlese Deutschland, Deutschland über alles, Über alles in der Welt
2012 Chateau Boswell Absolutely Eloise Chardonnay

You know you belong to the dark side neener

PS- the guy that once flew from Atlanta to Dallas via London (both ways) would not be there as he is not drinking

T’wasn’t me. neener Ever since I became Million Miler with United, I don’t have to do those (silly) things.

Erez, There are more Berserkers/Flyertalkers than you think. And just in case you weren’t sure, read the Chase credit card thread. neener

Interested.

I’ve penciled you in

Interested as well. Please pencil me in. I’ve done the same on my calendar. Thank you!

Penciled in

I am interested.

Tom

Penciled you in for 1-21-2017 (also penciled you in for the upcoming Nov one)

Erez,

I am reposting my PM to you, here. I don’t think it went through as a PM?

I do hope to see you on Jan. 21

Tom

Hi Erez,

Thanks very much for your message and invite. I very much want to come but I have a crucial meeting with Disability the next day so I guess I have to bail. I hope you all have a great evening and I hope to meet you in the future.

Best regards and regrets,
Tom

Too bad you can’t join this time, Tom, but hopefully next time [cheers.gif]
PS- I think you’ve responded in the wrong thread :wink:

Thanks, ErCz. (couldn’t find the other thread)

We finalized the location (Ithaka, UES). Hence, I bump the thread. A great Greek meal, special dishes, great wine, what else does one need? champagne.gif

$95.00 all-in. I went to the dinner a couple of years ago. Lots of food. Plenty of good wine (for Flyertalkers). neener
Good company.

That’s the day of the million woman March. Unless Rebecca wants to go, we are in.

Is this a set menu @ $95 pp or ala carte?

Is there a corkage fee?

Works out to ~95 all in (with corkage, tip et al). Sort of set menu- appetizers for all (family style) we never ran short of a selection, several specials for the evening, main- fish, meat, others- they bring some fish that are not on the menu on regular basis for the evening, and then of course desserts for all so no one would remain hungry :wink:
All you need to do is bring yourself and some great bubbles.

You still planning this? I may be out of town and not get back early enough.