Seattle Aug. 17.

There is a thread in the travel section mentioning the possibility of having an off-line Wed. Aug. 17 when Jay Winton is visiting Seattle.
I’m confirming that we can have a gathering at my house that day. Please help spread the word.

P Hickner

Very kind of you Peter. We will look forward to this and I promise I don’t bite!

I missed the last one as I had to be out of town, but I’d definitely be interested in joining, thanks for volunteering Peter!

That sounds great, I (and probably my wife) should be able to make it. Thanks Peter!

I should ask about the format. Is food served, dinner or lighter fare? What time do things kickoff?

Thanks for the redirect to this thread, Peter, I hadn’t seen it. I’m interested, but don’t know about availability quite yet. I’ll update ASAP.

I’m free starting any time later than 3PM. Anyone care to state a preference for starting time?

For the last few tastings, everyone brought some food to share, and we ended up with more than enough to constitute the evening meal.

I’ll open some old CA and Bordeaux unless I get requests otherwise.

P Hickner

Same as Brandon.
Thanks Peter for the heads up.
I will seek a pass from the Boss when she returns Friday and report back.
Only thing is that I have off lines this Saturday, Monday then again the following Saturday.
Like you I would like the time and attendees to firm up, who is confirmed right now?
Cheers
Del

Neither does anyone in the Seattle crew, Jay. I was very fortunate to have Peter host a gathering while I was there in May. It was a wonderful afternoon and evening.

Mike

Thanks for hosting another off-line at your lovely home Peter! Unfortunately, I’ll be out of town for this one.

Cheers,

Hal

Regrets from me too. It’s the one week we’re out of town this summer.
Enjoy

Have a good time folk. Can’t do for me this time either :frowning:

With our sightseeing schedule, I doubt we can get there before 530-6 but start whenever as I’m great at catching up champagne.gif I will supply a dessert as requested by Peter. If anyone has suggestions for a bakery close to Peters, I’m listening.

Bakery Nouveau 1435 E John St.
Crumble & Flake Patisserie 1500 E Olive Way
Top Pot Doughnuts at 609 Summit Ave E is closest, but more of a breakfast destination.

I left open an early starting hour in case it would allow someone to come and taste wines and still get home to the kids. Otherwise, 5:30 to 6:00 is perfect. If long range forecasts can be trusted, weather should be moderate.

Sounds good. My wife and I will probably get there about 6:30pm. We’ll bring some food and wine.

I’m so sorry, Peter, but I just can’t make it to this one (yet again). Older CA and Bdx sounds amazing, too. I’m sure you’ll all have a great time! Cheers to all.

Pass obtained.
Target 6:30ish
Will have 2 Pinots unless its themed.

No theme defined yet, but trending towards white wines for summer outdoors, and NW reds.

P Hickner

Wife and I are in, 6ish sounds about right for us, will bring a dish and some wine, looking forward to my first “official” offline!

It’s tomorrow! How’s everything going? :slight_smile: