Downtown Philadelphia Sept 30 - RIP

May be cancelled due to lack of participation/interest. Bummer.

Coming to Philadelphia for a trade show. I’ll be available the evenings of Friday Sept 30th and Saturday Oct 1st. Stuck at the Marriott and Convention Center. Anyone interested in dinner and wine either night? Something low key. Don’t need an extravagant meal just enjoy some good wines.

Personally I would prefer Friday night since my flight out is real early Sunday AM.

9-14 Edit: I was looking to nail this down early so I could ship my wines out and allow them to settle down. If I can’t get more people together for this by Friday 9-16 I’ll just shut it down.

Philly is a great BYOB town. Chance we will be out of town that weekend but if not, I would be interested in getting together.

I will probably be around. Most of the good restaurants are BYO - not a problem here. Consolation for our terrible monopoly system. Lots of good places within an easy walk or cab from where you are.

Could make the trip

Cool! I’ll bump the thread every few weeks. When it gets closer we can figure out who, where, what and when.

There are more than a few good non-BYO restaurants too you know…

That is my anniversary weekend. If we end up staying local that weekend, we might be up for it.

2 week bump.
What suggestions are out there for a BYO restaurant somewhat close to the Convention Center? Not looking for $100 a plate places but good food, good atmosphere for a few winos.

We’re 3 weeks out. Good time to see who can commit, when and where. What are some suggestions for a good BYO restaurant?

Bump

I am still OK with that day.
There are plenty of good BYOs “downtown.”

Philly isn’t like NYC where it takes half a day to get from one side of the city to the other. So, from the Convention Center, you are a quick cab ride to great BYOs like Will on East Passyunk (or Laurel if you can get a reservation) or Pickled Heron in Fishtown.

My fave is still Blackfish, but that is a bit of a drive.

Would love to join you but we have plans that day for our anniversary.

Aniversaries are an annual event. This is probably the only time I will ever be in Philly. [wink.gif]

Have fun!

Thats what I told my wife [pwn.gif]

[rofl.gif]

9-14 Edit: I was looking to nail this down early so I could ship my wines out and allow them time to settle down. If I can’t get more people together for this by Friday 9-16 I’ll just shut it down. [cheers.gif]

Sorry, but ths doesn’t look like it is going to work. No offense Ted, but it looked like only two of us. Hell I was bringing 4 bottles.

Hi, I don’t mind jumping to PHL on the train. Hi, maybe i’d even bring a Becklyn neener
(PS- see its cancelled, but if there is still something small keep me posted)

I can start it back up if we have enough people but it doesn’t look very promising. Me, You and Ted so far.