New Haven Ct Thurs July 28th Heirloom

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a Ct offline or knows of a wine group that might welcome a member. Cheers

Update We are booked for 3 people at Heirloom at 7pm.
Their usual corkage is 25 but they agreed to 20 as I mentioned we were bringing multiple btls.

It wouldn’t take much to twist my arm. [cheers.gif]

Hi Chris
What part of the state are you located in ?

I’m just east of Hartford, home in Bolton, work in Manchester.

Jonathan…where in CT are you? I’m in NY, but work in Greenwich.

I’m in New Haven until early August. Very interested!

Wow some good response so far… I live in central ct so New Haven or Hartford work best

I am in Fairfield county, and open to offlines as long as its within a 25min range.

The New Haven vicinity isn’t too far for me.
I would also go out I-84 as far as Waterbury.

Any thoughts of a theme?

Does New Haven work for you Sebastian and Ross ? As for theme I am totally flexible any ideas ? If not I can come up with one.

1st idea - 2011 Bordeaux

I have no 2001s unfortunately I could trade for one if we do that theme. If we do 1st growth theme I could offer up 2002 Latour.

2011, not 2001.
Or comparing 2010 to 2011 might be fun.

Was thinking Cru Bourgeois level.
While I’d love to help consume someone else’s first growths, my budget doesn’t allow me to enter that arena on my own.

My experience is that many 2011s are ready now, while the same chateau 2010s may need more time.
I have some good contributions in this area from both RB and LB.
I’m open to other directions as well.

Oops my bad can’t read numbers My cellar seems to be cali centric but I can trade or source. What say other folks ?

Tough to make it to New Haven on a weekday. I work in the city and it would make for a long day.

How about Milford could that work Sebastian

Is Louis’ Lunch BYOB?

[swoon.gif]

I will check with them. I could also be persuaded to do an offline ar Pepe’s :wink:

Spoke to Louis’s Lunch they will allow corkage with no charge. They are open for both dinner and lunch Fri sat and sun. Tues and weds they only open for lunch.

I’ve never been to Louis’ Lunch, but I’ve seen it on triple D.
Sounds like a good possibility to me.
My wife isn’t much of a red wine drinker but she might want to go there, assuming spouses are invited.