San Francisco - June 8 Sushi ! - Champagne and Sake

Weather is getting hot in the city today, so why don’t we cool off with some Champagne and Sake!! It’s been almost 2 years since our last sushi offline (which was great btw).

DATE: June 8 - Wednesday at 7pm

VENUE: Ariake Sushi http://www.yelp.com/biz/ariake-japanese-restaurant-san-francisco - PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN GLASSES

THEME: Champagne and Sake

ATTENDEES: place is really small so we have to keep this to 8 people MAX.

1. Joel
  2. Craig
  3. Cindy
  4. Ashish
  5. Ed Kurtzman

Waitlist:
  6. Jeff
  7. Rich Frankel

I’ll try to make it. I have new Champagne to try!

Me! All 3 dates work for me.

I can’t make the 6th or 9th, but I’m in for the 8th if you do it then.

That’s why we placed 3 different dates, so people have options :slight_smile:

Updated OP with date and attendees.

Definitely interested!

Fun theme! Would be interested . . .

You are in!

Interested if there’s still room.

Hmmm, I might actually be able to make this. Room for 8 … Room for me then?

It’s getting closer and what’s everyone bringing?

I am thinking about a brut nature (playing on dosage) and/or a sake (daiginjo)

I’ll bring a Tedorigawa “Iki na Onna” daiginjo sake. This is from the company that was filmed in “The Birth of Sake” movie. It’s a good Netflix watch if anyone is curious. Might also bring a bubbly but depends on how I feel (like if I feel I want to get smashed or not neener )

• J

I’m thinking about a 2002 H. Billiot Brut or a 2000 Lanson Cuvee de Lanson.

I’ll give the sake a try, but I often find that I don’t like them. They just come across as too alcoholic, though perhaps something that you guys bring will break that trend. I’ll just have to wallow in all the champagne. =)

Is anyone able to decipher what it says on this sake bottle? I’ll bring this and a Champagne too.

Ashish, have you had cellar temp or cool sake? I guess they’re all mostly higher than IPOB alcohols, but I’ve never been bothered by heat. Back in the '80s when I first started eating sushi, they always served me warm sake. Now that was alcoholic!
Sake 6-1-16.JPG

Nice sleuthing, Cindy, thanks!

Looks like a solid leaning toward Daiginjo, will plan to bring a bottle as well. Curious enough, was also thinking of an “Ultra Brut”, a great palate cleanser. Appreciate the movie tip Joel, look forward to checking it out!

I’ll bring Champagne, either Ulysse Collin Roises, or a Jerome Prevost if I pick it up by then.

Well my hopes to attend have been dashed. Please put me as a maybe maybe backup. I’ll join if my work event is cancelled and there are any open spots. Sorry about this!!

Bummer, do let us know though if things change.