Mike on Tour--May 22 Seattle, Peter H's Deck, 4 pm

OK, I’m fully updating my initial post. Deb won’t be joining me for the Seattle portion, so it’s just me. Peter has very generously offered his place, as per his post below, and is willing to continue into the evening for those who can’t make it for my requested 3 pm start time.

The reason I would like that time is that I’m trying to feed two birds with one hand. I really, really want to see the Chihuly glass gardens at night, and they are closed Saturday for a special event, and close at 8 pm on Sunday. So I will likely look to leave around 6 pm.

I hope this still works for all the attendees.

For theme, no preferences, but I would be open to doing Sauv Blanc, Spanish (I have 2 potential fine acquisitions I can make in Calgary and bring down for either of those) or Burgundy (ditto in Edmonton) if you’re going to force me to make a choice. Just as happy with smorgasbord.

Mike

We’re doing Seafoodfest part II that weekend, you should try to make it.

Sounds great, Steve–PM me details?

Seafood fest 2? Yah details pls?

Hey Mark, the main event is the weekend of the 14th, we’re allowed to go shrimping at Hood Canal on that Saturday and the following Wednesday so we get shrimp, clams, oysters and we’ll get crab. People like Marshall Gelb, John Cabot and others fly/or drive in for the weekend and some of the Seattle crew come to Gig Harbor to eat and drink. This year Phil Franks and now Mike will be in the following weekend so the party will continue. Everyone is invited, you can do one or both weekends.

Bump on this… anyone in Seattle free on the 21 or 22nd evening? (sat/sun)
I guess prefer 22nd since 21st MIke might be down at seafood fest II?

(i know Mike’s title says 20 or 21, but it’s 21 or 22 now).

Yes, thanks Mark, I’ve changed the title now, forgot to do that when I shifted the plans. Hope we can find a few willing participants :wink:

Busy on the 21st anyway, but I am free on the 22nd.

I’d be happy to host. With any luck it should be good deck weather.

P Hickner

Peter does have a nice deck. I’m free on 22nd as well.

Working on the wife. 22nd is my 8 yr old’s bday, but damnit, I’ve been abusing Grammar for years in fantasy football :smiley:

I’m free on the 22nd. Will be good to see Mike again.

Cheers,

Hal

This is starting to shape up, glad for the responses guys–well, other than Drew—the last thing I need to do is hear it from him in person! :slight_smile:

Peter, what time and can we bring some contributions food-wise. And PM me your address? Huge thanks for offering to host.

Themes? We don’t have to, but toss some ideas out if you want.

I’ll keep trying to roust others out of the bushes.

Mike

It does look like we have enough interest to make it a go on the 22nd.

Anyone else need a PM with the address?

P Hickner

Hey! I was on my best behavior last time :smiley: If you want to get rowdy both nights, I pushed the “husband of the year” chips in (all three of them) and officially have a hall-pass for the 21st. Happy to Uber-hop places, drag wine, etc.

Me please!

hmm… we’re on for the 22nd tho… :wink:

Ok… but who hasn’t? i mean really, we gotta set the bar higher! [cheers.gif]

Peter directed me to this thread. I’m checking on availability…it would be great to meet all of you! Well, except you, Peter and Mark…we’re old hat…

Thanks Brandon. As to the two doink-clowns on the fantasy football…do you really want me to go back and check the historical head-to-head? You really don’t want that, I’m sure [grin.gif]

Drew, I probably won’t get into town until quite late in the afternoon on the 21st, as there’s a very good chance I’ll be on Vancouver Island the night before and have to schlep back to the ferry, take the ferry and then get into town. But if those plans don’t materialize, will be open to do some stuff with you for sure on 21st.

Hey, would be happy to join in and meet everybody. Count me in.

Hi all, pretty new to berserkers but I’d be interested in coming by as well. Do we have a theme or some suggestions for a bring?