NYC Berserkerfest- Peking Duck House, Saturday, 5/28- Memorial Day Weekend

So, we’re set at Peking Duck House for New York’s latest Berserkerfest. We’re going to repeat what we did in March of 2014, in that to keep things easier, each table will have a head/organizer and each table will be responsible for ordering what they want and will pay their own bill, though to make things a easier on the restaurant, everyone will be getting the mixed appetizer plate we’ve all come to know and love and each table will get a minimum of three ducks. Feel free to add apps, sides, entrees or more ducks if you wish. Again, each table will be responsible for their own bill.

Additionally, since we are not asking people to pay for the event upfront, please, please, please sign up only if you know if you can make it. There are a limited number of seats available and last minute cancellations will throw tables and plans out of whack and may prevent people that wanted to attend, from attending. Plus, we want to do right by the restaurant. If you are signed up and need to cancel, please give as much lead time as possible so if we end up with a wait list, someone will be able to attend in your place, but, again, please only sign up if you’re sure you can make it. We had few cancellations last time with this policy and it would be great if we could duplicate that feat.

The specifics:

Where: Peking Duck House, 236 East 53rd Street.

When: Saturday, May 28th, 7:00 pm.

Stemware: Bring it!

Tables: We will have four ten tops and two eight tops available for a total of 56 seats. Please reply here, or feel free to pm or email to let me know if you’d like to come and how many people will be in your party and which table you’d like to be at.

Here’s where we stand with attendance thus far, taken from the previous thread and from people that have emailed me.

Name Guest Total Table
Michel Abood 1 (10 # 1)
Ethan Abraham 1 (8 #1)
Suzanne Camhi Kenny Shusterman 2 (10 # 1)
Brent Clayton 1 (8 # 1)
Steph Cleaver 1 (8 #2)
Joe Czerwinski 1 (8 # 1)
Mark DiBella 1 2 (10 #3)
Jonathan Doft 1 (10 #3)
Micahel Eigen 1 (10 # 1)
Len Fox Meri 2 (8 #2)
Todd French Jennifer Goetz Fox French 2 (10 # 1)
John Fritze Linda 2 (10 #3)
Leo Frokic Connie Savage 2 (10 # 1)
Sheila Fruman 1 (10 #4)
Craig Ganzer 1 (8 # 1)
Jay Hack Rebecca 2 (10 #2)
Dan Hammer 1 (10 #2)
Jorge Henriquez 1 (10 #4)
Christine Huang Marty Ellington 2 (10 # 1)
Bradley Kane 1 (8 # 1)
Joshua Kates 1 (10 #3)
Diane Kessler 1 (10 #3)
David Lazer Caroline Levy 2 (10 #2)
Albert Lin 1 (10 #4)
Michael Mahle 1 (10 #4)
Iggy Melito 1 (10 #2)
Eric Michels 1 (8 #2)
Jay Miller 1 (8 # 1)
Cheryl Mills 1 (8 #2)
Maire O’Neill 1 2 (10 #2)
John Osgood 1 (8 #2)
Colleen Prince Allen Russell 2 (10 #2)
Steven Pumilia 1 (10 #3)
Chris Savino 3 4 (10 #4)
Matt Six 1 (8 #2)
Karen Troisi John 2 (10 #4)
John Beaver Truax 1 (8 #2)
Ken Vastola 1 (10 #3)
Jordan Whitehead 1 (8 #1)
Dale Williams 1 (8 # 1)

Total= 55 One spot available at 10 Top #2.

Tables:

10 Top #1- Full- Champagne/Burgundy
Michel Abood- Table Head
Suzanne Camhi & Kenny Shusterman
Christine Huang & Marty Ellington
Leo & Connie Frokic
Todd & Jennifer French
Michael Eigen

10 Top #2- 1 spot available- Cab Theme- 2007-2013, or CA Woman Winemakers, or Cali Cabs that don’t suck
Dan Hammer- Table Head
Jay & Rebecca Hack
Maire O’Neill +1
Colleen Prince + Allen Russell
David Lazer & Caroline Levy

10 Top #3- Full- Aged Nebbiolo
Ken Vastola- Table Head
Marc DiBella + 1
Iggy Melito
Diane Kessler
Jonathan Doft
Steven Pumilia
Joshua Kates
John & Linda Fritze

10 Top #4- Full- Pinot/Syrah
Chris Savino + 3- Table Head
Karen & John Troisi
Sheila Fruman
Michael Mahle
Jorge Henriquez
Albert Lin

8 Top #1- Full- Convoluted Theme
Bradley Kane- Table Head
Jay Miller
Joe Czerwinski
Dale Williams
Brent Clayton
Jordan Whitehead
Craig Ganzer
Ethan Abraham

8 Top #2-Full- Burgundy/Champagne/Loire
John Osgood- Table Head
Eric Michels
Cheryl Mills
Matt Six
Steph Cleaver
Len & Meri Fox
John Beaver Truax

Btw, does anyone know how to post a table into a thread? I made the attendance list in both excel, word and google docs and copy/pasted, but all the columns become distorted.

My table:

California Cabernets 2007 - 2013

Sub-theme - Woman Winemakers from California.
Sub-Sub theme - Cali cabs that don’t suck.

I’ll start a thread so you can sign up.

Alright. You’re a table head, Dan, but let me know if you need a 10 top, or an 8 top as soon as you can.

put me down please

Cali Cab table > NYC Berserkerfest - California Cab table 5/28/16 - Event Planner - Online or Offline - WineBerserkers

Weekends never good for me. Memorial even worse. Too bad.

In. with Rebecca. Cali Cab.

Try moving it into notepad first to strip out extraneous spacing and characters.

I added a spreadsheet insert code just for you, Bradley. flirtysmile

(How to make it work in google drive:

1. Create your spreadsheet on the main layer right click > share > share (yes a second share) > Who can access clich change in blue > Select radio with “anyone with the link”. Click save

2. Copy the link in blue.

3. Remove “https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=” and paste the remaining in the between [spreadsheet][/spreadsheet])

I’m in, this will be my first Berserkerfest event, and since I don’t know what the other tables themes will be, I’ll have to let you know. I’m waiting for Chris Savino to decide if he’s also going to attend. No preference between and 8 or 10 top. With all my magnums from BDVII, I could certainly go for a Pinot Noir theme. That’s what I brought when I was at PDH with David Tietz in February.

FWIW, Memorial Day weekend will exclude a lot of folks. Seems crazy to me, but YMMV.

FWIW, Todd made the call when he decided to come in for the weekend from CA.

Berserkers Assemble!
[video]Receivers...Assemble! | Tom Brady - YouTube

Frankly Memorial Day is a good weekend to be in town, lots of folks get out of the city and it’s relatively quiet, but still not too hot yet like July 4th. 30ish so far, that’s a decent number.

most of us have nothing better to do. newhere

Brad,

Put me & Carlos Delpin as heads of one of the 8 tops.

Theme: TBD or perhaps “Great Wines of the Caribbean”

Updated.

You have terrible taste in wine. Ba dum bum. I’ll be here all week folks.

I like the sound of “Great Wines of the Carribean”! Please sign me up for that one, Brad,

Thanks,
Josh

I’m in. Will hold off on selecting a table but particularly interested in Burgundy/Piedmont/Bordeaux/Cali Cab with 20+ years of age. If a few others are interested in any of the above, let me know and we can start a table.

Our theme will be: Pinots, Noir/Blanc/Gris/Etc., & Gamays that start with the number 1 (in other words, 20th century vintages).