Denver area April 15th, 2016 wine dinner

Figured I’d start a new thread for this OL.

we can mess around with “when are you avail?” posts for years or, just throw out a date and see who can make it?

I’m going to host a dinner on April 15th, 2016 anytime after 5pm with dinner at 7:30pm
Happy to do all the food for this dinner, all I need are folks to come.
Being a huge Rhone fan I’d like to stick to that theme
but I’m not a tossing anyone out for bringing something that they love.

Reply here if you can make it, would love to meet some of the locals!

While my wife won’t be here feel free to bring your SO if inclined.

We live near the intersection of Jordan and Arapahoe (at the southern end of Cherry Creek State Park)

I’m game. [cheers.gif]

Being the out-of-towner, I’m opened to any theme and I’m willing to send wine in advance or borrow/exchange with locals

Sounds good! I’ll plan on it. Wife will probably stay with kids.

I am gonna be out of town boys otherwise I would be there with my Apothic Red vertical. [snort.gif]

I will begin negotiations with my wife, would love to make it down.

Great! Hope you
Can make it

I’m game. I can let one or two other denverite winos know, if you’d like.

Southern or northern Rhone or both?

Both and if you come and want to bring like a minded wino or two great!

Mel will probably be carrying my wine :wink:

Edited: Mel carries a 2010 Barbe Rac Magnum to ensure we all have enough to drink [cheers.gif]

Picking it up at noon! It will share the ride with a
Couple of years worth of SQN and a few cases of rosè

Wish I could make this, but it just doesn’t work for me this time around. Have a great time!

Mel, I wish I could be there as well, but going to be at Hospice du Rhone in Paso quaffing similar wines. Have fun. We my have to try another one of these soon. Cheers.

Have a great time at HdR! Next time for sure.

I’m considering bringing a flight of Rhône blends, Syrah, or Viognier. Any opinion/input/requests? Also are we tasting blind, in an order or buffet style?

Mel do you have enough stems?

Thank you Mel for a great hosting! thank you all for hosting the out-of-towner, even though mother nature was not as cooperative… [cheers.gif]

Great to meet some of the Denver area folks.

It was great to meet everyone! Thanks for hosting, Mel.

Very fun, thanks again Mel.

Just saw this. Going to be in Denver one night on Friday night June 10. Anyone have a recommendation on where we can get a good meal? I could even bring a bottle of wine, but BYO not necessary.