6th Annual Post-IPNC Oregon Pinot Noir Throwdown, August 1st 2016, Carlton OR

Berserkers,

We took a vote and chose the 2010 vintage. I opened up registration to past-attendees and we’re sold out! We do have drop outs so act fast to get your name on the wait list.

To be added to the wait-list you must register here: 6th Annual Post-IPNC Oregon Pinot Noir Throwdown Registration

Date: August 1st 2016
Time: Noon sharp, but please arrive 15-30 minutes early so we can prep the double blind tasting.
Where: Scott Paul Wines, 128 S Pine St, Carlton, OR 97111
Host: Winemaker Ian Burch
Format: Double blind. 32 unique Pinot Noirs from the Oregon 2010 vintage. Every attendee brings one magnum or 2 750’s.

Attendees:
Andrew Beckham
Andrew Rich
Andy Steinman
Brent Braun
Boyd Pearson
Brandon Johnsen
Colleen Prince
Dan Rinke
Durstin Selfridge
Garionn Poole
Greg Malcolm
Ian Burch
Jeff Hoofard
Joanne Trimpi
John Osburn
Kara Rasmussen
Ken Pahlow
Marcus Goodfellow
Mark Stevens
Michael Passo
Nolan Ellis
Paul Willenberg
Peter Hickner
Richard Trimpi
Rick Allen
Steven Miller
Timothy Wilson
Todd Hansen
Vincent Fritzsche

Waitlist:
Brian Imsick (no response moved to bottom of waitlist)
Mark Kramer (no response moved to bottom of waitlist)

Dropped out:
Shane Clayton
Todd Hamina
Chas Stiltner
John Grochau (jury duty)
Thomas Monroe
Jim Diven
Preston Schram
Bob Crenshaw
Doug Ackerman
Bill Jones III
Joe Schenck
Sandra Miller
Shawn Bavaresco

Waitlisters opting out:
Paul Cunningham
Scott Tallman
Jeff King

For those new to the Throwdown you can follow our history here.

1st Annual - The shitty 2007 vintage retrospective, August 1st 2011 held at Patty Green hosted by Jim Anderson
The thread that started it all. The Bob Wood (RIP) defense of the 2007 vintage.
Another Shitty '07 Oregon Pinot Noir

2nd Annual - 2005 vintage retrospective, July 30th 2012 held at Biggio Hamina hosted by Todd Hamina
Post IPNC Oregon 2005 Tasting

3rd Annual - 2004 vintage retrospective, July 29th 2013 held at Matello hosted by Marcus Goodfellow
2013 Post IPNC Tasting of 2004 OR Pinot at Matello

4th Annual - 2002 vintage retrospective, July 28th 2014 held at Bjornson Vineyard hosted by John Grochau
Post IPNC 2002 Oregon Pinot Noir Throwdown! Bjornson Vineyard, Eola-Hills July 28th

5th Annual - 2008 vintage retrospective, July 27th 2015 held at Walter Scott hosted by Andy Steinman
Post-IPNC Oregon Pinot Noir Blind Tasting, 2008 Vintage, 7/27/15

[quote=“Steven Miller”]Berserkers,

We took a vote and chose the 2010 vintage. I opened up registration to past-attendees and we’re sold out! We do have drop outs so act fast to get your name on the wait list.

How did you compile the list of past-attendees?

I loved attending the first one and would have liked an invite to this one. In any event, I’ll register for the wait list and hope that others are ill disposed? [wow.gif]

For the last 3, we tried to ensure everyone registered using google docs, and now survey gizmo. The first two was more recollection between the organizers. We know we have some error due to the +1 lists in the threads I referenced. That said, most of the attendees for 2016 aren’t single time attendees. 1/2 have been to at least 4 and most to at least 2.

If you did attend one of the years, please let me know which year via PM and include your preferred email.

I understand basing it on seniority is completely fine, I get it. However the tracking mechanism of who attended and who dropped out could be tightened up, in all fairness.

People will cancel Preston, fear not.

Still not sure if we’ll be making it out, but please waitlist me (1). Love the choice of vintage.

To be added to the wait-list you must register here: 6th Annual Post-IPNC Oregon Pinot Noir Throwdown Registration

Haha…I know, I know. Steve and I have been communicating back and forth and we’re all good. Thank you Steve for looking into this. It wasn’t necessary but I definitely appreciate it. Signing up for the wait-list.

Uh oh! What are the rules for where a King vs a Prince would go on the wait list? Just kidding… I know there’s no trump …in this thing at least. [whistle.gif]

I’d like to get in on this. Put me + 1 down on the wait list. Will bring wines for the Mrs. too. :stuck_out_tongue:

to get on the wait-list please follow the instructions. :slight_smile:

Oh already done :slight_smile: wasn’t sure how +1s worked with the gizmo.

We had our first dropout and Colleen Prince has moved up. We’ll miss you Shane. By the end of the weekend, everyone on the confirmed list will have received an email confirming attendance and which wine to bring to fill out a fantastic 6 or 7 flights.

Steve

I am out too, but would like to drop off wine.

If everyone else would please do this, then Steve and I will be all set. Thanks.

I hope folks don’t have to miss this but man would I love to attend!

You’re getting closer… 3 dropouts so far. plus some have dropped from the waitlist.

Still finalizing the final roster: several new waitlisters added, several former waitlisters confirmed in.