San Francisco - April 27 - Whites (ABC)

Looking to go back to the Thai place we went to a few years ago,

THEME: Whites-ABC (anything but chardonnay).

DATE: April 27 (Wednesday) @ 7:30 pm

VENUE: Thai Cottage http://www.yelp.com/biz/thai-cottage-restaurant-san-francisco

Place was really cheap/good value, though no really good stemware, so bring your own glasses.

Let me know if any of you guys are interested.

Attendees:

1. R. Frankel
  2. Ed
  3. Ashish
  4. Ashish +1
  5. RS Beck
  6. Rajiv
  7. Tim
  8. Megan Bushnell

I’m out of town on the 28th.

I’m in. Let me know which day we pick and the final number and I’ll make reservations.

Would an Au Bon Climat Chardonnay be allowed as an exception?

I’ll move the date for you if you promise to bring a Keller G-Max [wink.gif]

Does it have some age on it? [wink.gif]

I’m in. All three evenings are open right now, but the 27th or 28th are better for me.

I am out of town that week :frowning: Enjoy, I love their food.

I’m in - preference for the 27th or 28th, since I have a tasting Monday night.

I’m in, too!

Looks like the 27th is the best date, updated OP.

What are people thinking of bringing? Lots and lots of German Riesling? :slight_smile:

If that’s it, I recommend the 28th.

Joel, I was mostly kidding. When I saw the title of the thread, I thought it was an Au Bon Climat white-themed dinner. However, I believe I have an early '90s ABC Chard somewhere in my collection. If I can find it, I’ll reply back and try to sign up for the dinner before it’s full. Thanks.

[oops.gif] That one flew over my head. You do not have to bring an AU Bon Climat at all, any other interesting non-chardonnay white will do.

What’s wrong with Riesling??? [berserker.gif]

I am considering one of the following:

• a Huet sec or demi-sec
  • a Pichler Grunner
  • an Alsatian Riesling from Albert Boxler (dry)
  • a German Riesling from Egon Müller (off dry) or a Weingut Keller Großes Gewächs (dry)
  • a Nicolas Joly chenin blanc

I’m a big fan of German riesling, and this is a particularly good match for it. Is Champagne included or does it count as Chardonnay? That could be another interesting match. I haven’t figured out what I’m bringing yet, but I’ll let you know. Also, could you add a +1 for me now that we’ve had a first go-around of signups? Thanks!

I realized I’m gone on the 27th too. I’m off to drink real wine with Bobby Alfert.

I’m going to try this again - put me on the list! If I get sick again this winter I will shoot myself.

I have some Huet vouvrays, and I’m sure some Champagne that is Chardonnay-less.

What time? I might not be able to get there until 8 pm or so.

Good new is that its Spring! Welcome.