Sub $50 Champagne @ Wasabi Chicago: ROUND 2?

Most people had to drop out of the last one. Anyone up for another go at this, maybe Champagne this time? The restaurant is laid-back and the corkage is always free. This would be another 5pm start time.

Totally in for this one, Mark. Right up my alley.

Let me know a date you are thinking and I will let you know if my wife can join too!

Looking forward to it! Wasabi has been on our list to try for some time.

Any preference towards NVs or Vintage bottles?

Sounds great, Michael. Good vintage Champagne is hard to touch for under $50, so I’m thinking NVs will be the best bang for the buck. Binny’s has tons of NVs under $50, many of which are RM “grower” Champagnes. As far as the date goes, I’m up for whatever works best for everyone else, Saturday probably being the best day of the week.

most of the champagne i cellar is vintage and around 50 a bottle (at least when i buy it).

ill grab an interesting NV for this dinner. As long as were not planning for 4/9 (wedding reception) then i should be free…especially at 5pm!

Depending on the day, this sounds good. Plenty of bubbles in the cellar to chose from. My buddy Steve will be interested depending on the day.

How does the 2nd of April sound?

Also, I’m thinking any Champagne under $50 will do. I have more confidence in NVs at this price point, but if you’d like to throw in a vintage bottle under $50, you won’t see me complaining.
:slight_smile:

That should work for me, Mark. I’ll keep you posted on if my wife will be joining…most likely a yes. Wasabi has been on our list to try for a while.

Sounds great. Let’s shoot for 4/2 at 5pm. Since they don’t take reservations, switching the date, if necessary, can be done at any time.

Hey Mark! My wife will def be joining and we are both really looking forward to it. Got another rec for Wasabi last week at work, so to say we are excited to try it is an understatement!

I believe I will be bringing:

NV D. Henriet-Bazin Champagne Blanc de Noirs Brut Pinot Meunier Single Plot

100% Pinot Menuier. We’ve enjoyed this stuff a lot and I think it makes a great pairing with a variety of food, especially Asain.

Thanks again for setting this up Mark and I look forward to finally meeting you (and anyone else that joins)!

champagne.gif

I cant make the 4/2 Big Project for the last 6 months goes live that weekend, and i am the guy. Enjoy

I can still do Saturday, but would you guys like to push the date back to get a few more people to make it out?

Some stuff has come up, so we decided to push the date back. I’m thinking maybe mid May? If anyone is interested, throw out some dates and we’ll figure out what day works best for most people.

I’m good for any night in May other than the 16th.

I’m thinking Saturday the 21st, but I’m flexible as well.

I’m moving to Chicago from DC in early May (and hopefully my wine will join me shortly thereafter) and I’d be happy to come out and meet people. Most any evening in May works for me. champagne.gif

I’d love to join and meet the group. I missed the Chablis fun from a few weeks (months?) ago and am bummed!

May 7 and 21 are the only open Saturdays for me right now.

Jeff

I’m glad to see we’re pulling such interest for round two. It looks like the 21st works really well at the moment. Let’s shoot for that and we can always change the date if necessary.
:slight_smile:

Great - I’ll be there. Thanks for putting this together, Mark.

Once Domaine Wine Storage reopens their tasting space, I’d be happy to host some more gatherings there. Maybe another Chablis and Champagne tasting?

That sounds awesome. As long as the date works, I’m in.