Wednesday March 23 - New York City - 2001 Cali Cabs - on the BIG side - OP Updated

Thanks to Josh Kurek for bailing me out.

Prime and Beyond
90 East 10th Street
Between Third and Fourth Avenues
6:45 pm

Rebecca can’t make it - early morning Thursday commitment

I will bring

2000 Charles Heidseick Brut
2001 Pahlmeyer Proprietary Red
Dan Hammer: 2001 Seavey Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon.
Diane Kessler: 2001 Spottswood
Josh Kurek: 2001 Verite or Harlan Maiden
Jonathan Sirot: 2001 Shafer Hillside Select
David Lazer and Caroline Levy: Mondavi Reserve, Beringer Private Reserve and a Martin Estate
Alex Nicholas

You can put me on the confirmed list. Going to bring a 2001 Seavey Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon.

Jay,

I snagged a couple Verite and a Harlan Maiden. Can bring all and we can decided which you want to open.

Thanks!

I’ll bring a Spottswoode

The Yin and Yang…next night my group is doing 91 and older…NOT on the BIG side.

I will bring a 2001 Shafer Hillside select

I am going to have to drop out of this one. Have fun everyone!

We are in. Mondavi Reserve, Beringer Private Reserve and a Martin Estate. Or a white if you prefer, as it looks like we may need some.

Keens finally got back to me and they have NOTHING until very late and all my other favorite places are not playing ball. I am still working on it. If anyone has a nomination for a steakhouse that does not think that the improvement in the economy means they do not have to maintain their relationships with people who gave them money during the bad times, let me know. I am working on it.Somebody out there wants my money, I just have to find them. :frowning:

Jay, I sent you a pm. I hope it helps.

Also sent a pm so hopefully we have a few options…

There’s always Peking Duck House [shrug.gif]

I can arrange a deal with North Square. It’s not a steak house, but if you’re getting nervous…

Between my Annual Flyertalk wine dinners + Mike Pobega’s CLONYC dinners, it’s the only place in NY where I have any clout. pileon

I got two recommendations on Prime and Beyond on 10th Street. That’s looking good despite the worst web site in history. Josh is contacting them to make a deal.

Spoke to Kevin tonight and we are all set. His words “I want you guys to come in and enjoy yourselves.”

He is going to charge us a flat fee that is below what the per bottle normal corkage rate would have equated to.

I have the reservation booked right now for 10 people at 6:45pm next Wednesday. Let me know if I need to make any changes.

Btw, for those that haven’t been, they do all their own dry aging in house and I often let them pick (or at least recommend) the steaks we should order and share based on what they think is showing the best. And, the dry aged lamb chops are fantastic, highly recommend we have them serve one per person as part of an earlier course.

I’d like to update the NYC BYO thread. What’s the regular corkage? I’d like to know how big a favor they’re doing for us. What’s the flat fee?

If you’ve got room I’d like to attend. I can bring a 2001 Heitz Martha

normal corkage policy is $35 per bottle with a 2 bottle per party max.

Was a bit tough to hear in the car but I think he said flat fee of $200 (I told him 10 bottles or so for a party of 10) but don’t shoot me if he said $300.