Mike on Mini-Tour--April 15 in Chicago---under $50 Red Burg

I’ll need someone to take the lead on restaurant booking and organizing, but I will be in town for 4 days around Pinot Days Chicago and it would be fun to have a lead-up dinner of Pinot from that French place :slight_smile:

I could either grab something once in town or I do have plenty of options from the cellar that I’m happy to drag along:

2002 Jadot Beaune Les Boucherottes (my 2nd last 02 Burg)
2010 Dubreuil-Fontaine Pommard Epenots (just gets in under the price tag)
2010 Bouchard Volnay Clos des Chenes
2011 Pavelot Savigny-Les Beaune Les Gravains
2005 Tollot-Beaut Savigny-Les Beaune Les Lavieres

Hope we can rustle up some interest!

A bientot,

Mike

I’m gonna throw out Bistro Dre as a BYOB suggestion.

image.jpg

I’m in town for the same event and am interested in joining. There are a few Pinot Days sponsored in-store tastings that night, and I may get slotted into one of those, so I’m tentative at this point.
I hit Bistro Dre a couple years ago – probably based on a recommendation found on the WB BYOB thread. I can’t remember what I thought of the food, but I’m pretty sure the BYOB part worked splendidly.
If you’re buying tickets to Pinot Days, feel free to use discount code KNDCH16 for 15% off. Chicago is my favorite stop on the PD tour – always a fun crowd at the tasting.

It is a fantastic event, though I have to declare “conflict of interest” and say that I love Lisa and Steve to pieces so I’m a little biased. But it truly is a wonderful chance to get some detailed talk with the winemakers.

Stewart, would love to see you if you can keep free, but understandably the in-store events will be priority 1. I am planning to go to the Winemakers’ dinner after PD on the Saturday.

Mike

i think we could round up the troops…

grouphug

Hey, glad you saw this paysan—it would be terrific to see you again!

If folks can make Friday 4/15 work, I’m in. I can bring an 02 Burguet Mes Favorites to go with Mike’s 02.

Im in.

There’s always Sun Wah

I’m up for whatever. Any food preferences, Mike?

Not particularly, no. I think I remember eating at South Water Café last time I was there and quite enjoying it. I do have a mild shellfish allergy (not scallops, oddly) and can’t eat mushrooms or corn (niblets), but other than that, pretty open

Have another potential to throw into the list, just picked up a 2012 Bourgogne from Denis Mortet.

Mike

How about Osteria Nico, do I remember folks once doing this there? (Relatively near downtown, no?)

Hey Guys,

I’d love to make it, but this is tentative. Its only a few days after my wedding reception, so I may be last min.

Any thoughts on the pinot days lineup this year? I haven’t been to the event before, and the list isn’t making me terribly excited. That being said, I’d still love to check it out.

I would be up for this. Bistro Dre is not too far away from me.

Bistro dre is also in my hood. I had an atrocious experience there a couple years back and havent been since. I hear a lot of good things from people I trust (including this board!) and would love to give it another shot.

August West, Copain, Dutton-Goldfield, Keller, Lioco, MacPhail, and Waits-Mast are all high on my list of tables to hit, but I never fail to find at least one new one that knocks me out at Pinot Days. Last year in Chicago it was Comptche Ridge. This year in New York it was Westwood. I’m sure someone else that’s new to me will shine this year.

Here’s the Check, Please! clip for Bistro Dre. You can’t beat their free corkage. Plus, French cuisine is always a win with French wine. [thumbs-up.gif]

Sounds just fine to me. We should start thinking about setting a time and figuring out some wines if we can [grin.gif]

I may have a guest to bring, still checking on that.

Mike

Mike- bummer we will be out of town this weekend. Would have loved to catch up. Enjoy!

hah–I’m sure you would have loved to…taunt me about how if they only played half the season the Hawks would STILL have more points than the Leafs. [grin.gif] Yes, I understand the pain of missing that opportunity Jay!

Can you PM me your netdress so I can email you about another opportunity to get together in the summer? Thx

Mike

Looks like I’m out for that weekend now. But Thursday evening 4/14 is still a possibility.