Having some burg in the Bay Area, 4/13/16 (Hopscotch in Oakland) (CONFIRM ATTENDANCE)

I’m in town on 4/13/16 for a hearing in SF. Seeing who wants to drink some wine. I’m flying out of oakland at 9pm so the dinner would have to be some what early as I’ll have to leave around 7:30 to catch my flight.

Dinner is at HopScotch in Oakland. Family style $55 before tax/tip no corkage. 5:15-5:30 arrival time. I’ll be there around 5.
Starters:
Seasonal Green Salad
Tempura Vegetable Fritter
Chicken Liver Mousse

Entrees:
Buttermilk Fried Chicken
Pork Chops
Greens & Mushrooms sauteed in a Black bean sauce

Dessert:
Donuts & butterscotch Custard
Mud Pie

Please bring your own stemware
If you bail within 24 hrs of the dinner you owe Gene $10

Post here if you want to join. I will have burg in tow.

Attendees for the purposes of the initial reservation of 15.

1. Charlie - 1979 Antonin Rodet Grands-Echezeaux
  2. Alan - 2009 Bonneau du Martray Corton-Charlemagne
  3. Nick 1998 Domaine Forey Echezeaux
  4. Daniel Kim - still deciding on wine but in!
  5. Craig - 2010 Dujac Echezeaux
  6. Joel - 1998 Domaine Robert Arnoux Vosne-Romanée 1er Cru Les Suchots
  7. Vamsi - fourrier
  8. Gene P - 2000 Henriot Cuvee des Enchanteleurs
  9. Cindy - 1997 Laurent Roumier Bonnes Mares
  10. Rob- in!
  11. Jesse - 12 BDM CC
  12. Gene M - 1989’ Mugneret-Gibourg Echezeaux
  13. Paul B in!
  14. George C - 2009 Domaine de Montille Vosne-Romanée 1er Cru Aux Malconsorts
  15. Chris - in
  16. Paul M - Raveneau clos(vinatge / exact wine TBD)
  17. Tim Hermann
    18 Eric Gordon

Would be interested Charlie and would be nice to finally meet you! Always up for Burgundy!

Charlie, if you want to make sure Nick comes, change it to an Italian theme [wow.gif]

LOL!!! [soap.gif] Don’t get me started . . . [cheers.gif]

Hmmmmmmm…

i might ship stuff up earlier so i don’t have to carry things with me. Might set up a fun blind flight if enough people are coming :slight_smile: No one will be disappointed. [snort.gif]

I’m interested.

Interested as well. I go to an Oakland burgundy group every month, will give them a heads up as well. Chris usually frequents the board so he might chime in as well.

I am interested as well

Think my schedule is clear that afternoon/evening.

Too bad we’re not doing this the prior night. Got a hookup at a well-known, highly regarded place in Oakland that’s done comped corkage on Tuesday nights for offlines I’ve had with buddies. But only Tuesdays, as they’re too damn busy every day of the week to offer it, but he makes an exception for just Tuesday events.

That’s really more information than we required.

I’m interested. I can source burg, or if you think Cali equivalents would be interesting I have some Rhys, etc. I could bring.

Disagree.
This kind of info has been increasingly helpful for some male members.

Wish I could make it.

Interested. As for restaurant suggestions how about Duende.

Ed, Duende looks interesting, is the food particularly spicy? Do you have any connections there to help with corkage? I was thinking of Wood Tavern, where I’ve done a couple dinners (though didn’t make the arrangements). Both are convenient for Charlie hopping on Bart and getting to Oakland.

Gonna uber from wherever we are so don’t worry about Bart accessibility.

Count me in…

Doing my job as local organizer, here’s a list of interested participants so far:

Charlie
Alan
Nick
Dan (?)
Craig
Joel
Vamsi
Gene
John
Ed
Cindy

Total 11 at this point. Maybe given the somewhat early, tight schedule, a place like Duende specializing in small plates we can share around would be good. Does Duende have a space where we could be less formal, and mingle so that everyone has a chance to meet Charlie? The rest of us all know each other (Not sure if I’ve met John), and we’ll probably get a few more interested folks (Chris Tyler, e.g.).

Definitely interested.