Zepaltas Wines NYC Trip

Hi All,
It looks like I have an open night on March 1. Anyone interested in getting together to taste some Zepaltas Wines new releases and eat dinner together in NYC?

Ryan

Sadly, I’m out of town. Last time I tasted was at Pinot Days at City Winery a couple of years ago.

I might be able to get a few Vayniacs and/or Berserkers together for 3/1.
do you have a venue/restaurant set?

Absolutely. I’m always willing to stay late after work to make some California wine guy feel at home. What kind of food do you prefer. We can do, off the top of my head:

Steak - Keens, Ruths Chris or Uncle Jacks
Chinese - Peking Duck House or Grand Sichuan
Italian - Barbetta or (in Astoria) Café L’Incontro
Indian - Utsav
French - A Mangeoire

I am game for whatever/wherever. It would need to be a place that allows us to bring wines in… is the only requirement.

Ryan

Manhattan is very limited with BYO options. Two establishments that come to mind that allow free corkage on a Tuesday are Amali and Riverpark. I did a quick search and here is what came up …

Uhh…what?

guess you guys don’t mind ponying up $25 to $75 to pop a single bottle of wine.

Peter,

I’m sure Jay is up to the task of finding a suitable place.

Ryan, I haven’t seen a Massanois salesperson in ages and I’d love for the chance to catch up with you, count me in.

How about Tenth Ave. Cookshop?

I have just been offered free corkage there if we want to post up there.

Thoughts?

Haven’t been there in a while, service and food are great. It can be a little loud in there, that’s the only drawback.

wherever you gentlemen decide is fine by me … [cheers.gif]

I’m definitely interested

Also interested

I do not know the place but i’ll try anything once so that works for me, or anyplace else if you want. There are plenty of places in New York. It’s all about price point and preferred cuisine. We’ve had wine dinners at dozens of restaurants in NYC.

I will attend.

If Cookshop doesn’t work out, check out The Milling Room. IIRC, Tuesday is corkage-free.

Milling Room wasn’t allowing large party BYO dinners. At least they weren’t last time I checked which is probably a year ago. Have you recently organized a dinner there?

You ate there in July 2013 at a dinner Josh hosted…

Let’s go for Cookshop. Richard, the wine guy is a good friend, and a master of Italian Wine. He will take care of us.

I will be free after 7ish. Is 7 a good time to meet up? Later?

For a head count, I have 9-10 of us. I will see if they can accommodate that size of a party, and report back.