Steely Dan- Hollywood Bowl Sat June18

Steely is playing a show at the Bowl. backed by the philharmonic, on Sat. June 18th.
Mary and I will definitely be going. It’s a non-leased event with the plus of allowing wine to be brought it. Might be a nice, just about summer eve, to picnic beforehand. I guess the tickets went on sale to the season ticket patrons already, but aren’t on sale yet to the public.

We would like to do it…let us know when or how to buy tix …or just get us two and we will (maybe) pay you back.

Cheers!
Marshall

John–I just saw this as well. I also would like to go; let me know the details. Perhaps we can buy a small block of adjacent seats for the show.

Bruce

You can get a group ticket purchase before the general public tix go on sale. I think you need a minimum of 10 to do that. Just call the Bowl and they will help you, with no service charge!! Saves big bucks on the Ticketmaster service charge rip-off. Let me know the pricing and we are likely in.

Thanks for the tip Mike.
I will call the box office soon and try to get a group of ten. There are already some tickets up on Stubhub or various resellers that are going for about $95 each in the sections like G2 or J2 (next section to the side of the superseats). There are some blocks of 8+ seats. Not sure how they have the tickets already, but I’ll look in to it all. I’d love to get the superseats but those are harder to find.

I’d love to get in on this so please add me to the group. Looking forward to this season at the Bowl.

They were terrific at the bowl
Last year!

We might be in; have to resolve a potential travel conflict.

We could be in, need to check vacation plans. Would love to see these guys again! Last time I saw them was 1975-ish, yes i’m that old ugghh.

Wine and Steely Dan - I can think of no better combination! If we’re in town, we’re in +2

We would be interested in this…another +2

Ok, so a bunch of us talked over the weekend and this is definitely going to happen. I called the Hollywood Bowl box office and the offered a block of seats at a slight discount, but they just weren’t good seats. So we’re not going to go that route. I will look into what’s available from other sources.
But I am probably not going to be able to buy some huge block of seats.

We will sort that out. There are some secondary market seats up for sale and some more will get released by the box office. Though those box office seats prob. aren’t going to work for the block I buy. Everyone should consider that we are going, and plan on it if they’d like. Regardless of where anyone sits, we will have a big pre-concert winefest/potluck as in years past at one of the spots outside the gates.

I’ll be there, in our seats. Marina & I will join you guys for the pre-fest.

They let Fagan out?

Sounds interesting…I’ll have to keep track of this and we’ll see closer to the date.

I’ll be watching SD with Steve Winwood at their swing here in the northeast. Jealous that you guys can byo for the concert. That’s a sweet situation.

Ramon,
The Hollywood Bowl is the only place I can think of that we can byo. Like some other venues, we can picnic outside the gates and always then drink. To be able to byo inside the venue the show has to be an event affiliated with the L.A. Philharmonic. You can’t byo to unaffilitated, what they call “leased”, shows and those actually constitute the majority of the rock/pop shows.
I’d be interested in hearing how Steve Winwood is. I haven’t seen him in almost 20 years.

John,

I believe our show here, which a friend had purchased our group tickets for, will be in July. In any case, I’ve been to about 5 Winwood shows over the last 10 years. The last one was when he co-headlined with Eric Clapton at Madison Sq. Garden. I don’t get tired of it because the music’s the focus, whether from his Traffic, Blind Faith or earlier solo days. No flash, pyrotechnics or anything like that. Just him and his band on a plain stage. I’m looking forward to him playing the hammond organ and doing lead singing duties with SD. I heard that it was either, or both, Pretzel Logic or Show Biz Kids where he guest-played-sang in SD concerts a few year back.

It’s cool that you guys get to do an offline and swill some good stuff while in the concert. I think that this is the show and type of music to pair with good wines. Last SD show I saw was 2 years ago and Fagen was in top form, but he’s having rough moments with his vocals then. Becker plays pretty much rhythm guitars and occasional leads. Their band, just as all Dan bands, is excellent and very tight.

John Anson Ford Theater also run by LA Co, is byob/f. My favorite venue in the city

I love Hammond organ.
Yes, the Steely band is solid. I love Keith Carlock on drums.