San Francisco - March 1 - after La Paulee Tasting

I’m thinking of putting together a group dinner in San Francisco during Burgundy week after the Tuesday night La Paulee tasting. The ‘off the grid’ event ends at 8, so this is on the late side.

Who is interested?

Time: 8:15
Date: Tuesday, March 1
Group Size: definitely can take 8 people, possibly 10
Theme: Bulgarian Sparklers
Update: the restaurant has confirmed that they’re happy to have us with our bottles in tow. If you know what you want to bring lmk and I’ll update. Surprises are fun too :slight_smile:.

Attendees:

• Richard + 1: I’m thinking of bring a couple Bachelets - '96 Corbeaux and '05 GC VV.
  • Craig: 1983 Pillot Chassagne Montrachet Clos St. Jean (Rouge) and 2013 Bouchard Meursault Perrieres
  • Joel: 2002 Thibault Liger-Belair Nuits St. Georges 1er Cru Les Saint Georges
  • Ashish: 1986 Lafaurie Peyraguey
  • Cindy: 2006 Dublere Corton Charlemagne
  • Megan: Champagne
  • Robert S: '96 Jadot Clos St. Denis

Maybe List:

• Anna: almost certainly

Just kidding about the theme. It’s Burgundy week!

Count me in!

Do you know someone at Garcon? Looking at their website they have a 2 bottle limit per party, also they have free corkage Tuesdays, which March 1 falls on.

we offer one basket of bread per table. any additional bread basket is $2.
we accept a maximum of four credit cards per table.$0.25will be charged for any additional card.
corkage fee $20 (limited to two 750ml bottle per party). corkage free tuesdays limited to 2 bottles per party (not available on holidays).
to support with sick leave and, minimum wage increases. 5% “couvert” charge will be added to the check.

I’m discussing this with them, and have a backup plan if it falls through.

He’s going to make them an offer they can’t refuse.

I’m interested and should be able to make it.

Me.

I would love to join. Need to confirm a babysitter first.

Craig - I can bring your beaucastel!

Also…I don’t have a whole lotta burgundy, though I do love it. Might bring a champagne instead if that’s OK?

Hi Megan! Champagne is always welcome … not really all that far from Burgundy :wink:.

yes, that’s my general view of things. No one refuses Champagne!
I can bring a larger house or a smaller grower, open to suggestions. I’m deathly curious about my 2004 Bolly GA, but I know it is too soon to open one. Only mentioning that because with a little prodding I could be convinced.

I’m actually in a similar situation… I don’t have any Burgundy around at the moment and won’t get to visit the offsite before March 1st to restock. I do have some nicely aged sauternes though, if people would forgive me (probably an 86 Lafaurie Peyraguey). If people want to be strict about the Burgundy thing, I could source a bottle from K&L.

I would love to join, wil bring BurgundyTBA…

Ashish - no worries at all. Bring something you enjoy!

Joe, you’re in. Thanks!

Richard, will corkage be per bottle or flat?

I’m planning to bring an older red, but could bring a young white too.

New to the scene, but would love join. I can bring Burgundy…

Not sure but will find out.

Robert … Consider yourself first on the wait list. Which means you have a near 100% chance of getting a spot. :slight_smile:

I will check with the restaurant tomorrow (Saturday) to see how tight the table is and what the corkage $ will be.

Bring what you would be delighted to drink Megan. For me, I generally prefer drinking something with a bit more age rather than ‘checking in on’ a bottle that is likely not ready to reveal its glories.

Ashish,

Sauternes sounds wonderful. Or bring what you have on hand that you’re eager to open. We don’t lean on formality too much in SF WB offlines champagne.gif .

Thanks! There’s a '95 Baumard Quarts de Chaume also looking for a seat at the table…