NYC "Matter of Taste" Offline?

Anyone attending Parker’s NYC Matter of Taste and want to try and pull off an offline after?

I am attending it but based upon the wine lineup, I do not think I am likely to be able to put one foot in front of the other, let alone actually drink more wine, after it is over.

Bump - I’ll be the undercover Berserker.

Me too. I have dinner plans post event.

Yeah I think my wife and the other couple we are going with are going to just get pizzas at home and drink Bud heavy and Mexican beer, no reason to try and outdo the earlier 4 hours!

BTW has anyone else scratched their head at the BYOB event pricing? Only 4 courses at $625? Normally EMP is 10-12 courses and $325 or so without wine…if it were at least 8 I’d consider it. Either way I have plans but it seemed odd.

I am thinking about going somewhere for red meat after the event. There are a couple of winemakers there that I am talking to, but they are waiting to hear if uncle bob has something planned.

This is why I wanted to make a berserker enamel lapel pin a few year ago - for incognito attendance and recognition. I was thinking of bringing the helmet and wearing that, but even I am not that over the top.

Debating signing up last minute.

Worthwhile event? Any tips? Anyone else going from here?

-Dennis

4 hours and many top wines from the world’s best regions. If you like Burgundy, however, don’t bother as there is not one there. Here is the list of producers and wines. Worth it to me to have these guys under one roof. https://a-matter-of-taste.com/Event/index/8

I will wear an Olympic Lapel pin of some kind from my collection because the Berserker helmet is too much. If you see me, say hello.

Same day as Rieslingfeier? Not even a close call.

You can do the Rieslingfeier in the AM and then MOT in the afternoon if you have a palate that can take that much abuse in one day! :wink:

I don’t see pricing but somehow I’m guessing it’s a lot more than Rieslingfeieieieieier

120 with an Amex

Hesitating… tickets are still available, but is it worth it? (calling upon those who attended before). Plus, three berserkers in one taste? [smileyvault-ban.gif]

I think you’re confusing me with someone 20 years younger :slight_smile:

That’s better than I expected. I was expecting AG-level prices.

This is going to be overwhelming. My plan is to start with whites, then move onto California. Several years ago I attended a tasting that had over 150 wines. I tasted through 60. The last 10 weren’t enjoyable. For anyone that previously attended, is 2 hours enough time? I can’t imagine more time, except to talk to Craig at Sojourn and Jay.

60 wines in 120 minutes would be 2 minutes per wine so it seems doable as some wines will be a spit and move on if you don’t care for it, and some wines will be longer than 2 minutes to savor. So long as you don’t get into a long conversation with any of the producers I would think your fine if only tasting a few whites then Cali.

The Wine Spectator Experience Grand Tasting is 2 hours and is usually 200+ wines and I think the most I got though was 80 in one day with some re-tastes and spitting a lot of it.