SF Bay Area 2012 Maison Ilan Tasting - Feb/March

This is a call for interest for a horizontal tasting of as many 2012 MI as we can get together. Please indicate which ones you could bring. First priority will be to owners of '12s, though one spot is reserved for Larry Stein who shipped all the AIW deliveries.

I will probably cap at 12 but let’s see how much interest there is. If we have enough bottle owners, I may suggest that we put some duplicates in the tasting, as there are reports of bottle variation. There also seem to be ambiguously marked bottles (mismatched cork and label).

I’ll volunteer my house in Los Gatos but I’m flexible. I’m thinking late Feb or first half of March. I might prefer a weekend but most nights could work. Please give your availability.

Star-bellied:
Larry
Craig
Scott (Craig’s MI buying partner)
Ed
Wes
Vamsi
Paul

Plain-bellied:
Richard
Alan
Daniel
Joe
Rob
Gurkirpal
Cary
Cindy
Dan

I believe both Scott and I have the five larger production 12s: MSD Chaffots, MSD Mont Luisants, Volnay Robardelles, Mazoyères Chambertin, and Le Chambertin. We don’t have Gevrey Corbeaux or CM Feusselottes.

I’d be interested in joining but don’t have any MI. Perhaps would be interesting to try other '12s, possibly from the same vineyards but other producers? Eg. I have a Corbeaux.

Craig I am interested. I can’t provide any dates as of now, though I usually prefer Monday thru Wednesday. I can offer up of the '12’s les chaffots, luisants and robardelles. And thanks for organizing this.

Interested, but not a 12 owner.

I’d love to come, not a MI owner but can source or contribute something else interesting.

Interested would need to source a bottle.

Interested, have no MI, but glad to bring something good.

I would love to join too, but do not have a MI. I can contribute something good and unique.

Interested, and have some. Last time with the '11s we tasted blind with some ringers, which worked well.

Craig, Wes and I are going to the Ridge Montebello Component tasting at the winery on Sunday 3/6 so you may want to cross out that potential date.

Thanks for the invite!

I’ll volunteer a 2011 MI or other burg. Weekend or Friday would work best for me, but I’m not the star-bellied.

Hey, I’ll join you!

Have you signed up? I assume you’re some sort of Ridge club member. You need to do that via Eventbrite.

Yes, you reminded me to do that. If anyone needs tickets, I can get a couple more.

I am in. I have some 10s and 11s. Waiting on the 12s. Let me know.

Make that 4!!

Plain-bellied. Waitlist please!

Depending on date I may be avail for nonMI contribution.
Craig, r u providing housing?

Not overnight! We can do it at my house as long as people can tolerate giant dogs in the house (we can keep them in our room but they might yell at you occasionally). There are good options for takeout food close by, or Doordash.